50: Drax
51: Gamora
52: Unmasked Star Lord (AMAZON)
GotGPOP1.jpg

Dancing Groot
RELEASE DATE: December 2014
65: Dancing Groot
65: Ravagers Dancing Groot (ENTEARTH)
65: I am Groot Dancing Groot (Hot Topic)
SERIES 2
RELEASE DATE: March 2015
74: Yondu
75: Ronan
76: Nebula
77: The Collector
78: Thanos - 6-inch
78. GITD Thanos - 6 inch (ENTEARTH)
GotGPOP2.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay cheers, I've got the GITD one on pre ordered but when I see the pic of him on here I really like the look of that purple and I just see that you have posted a pic too. Yeah I really like the look of him plus this will be my first 6inch pop. Well if it arrives and looks cr*p I can always send it back and get the normal one. I'll look out for pics and unboxing vids until then
Ok, I tried looking for some pics for examples. These were the best I could find. I'm hoping you can see what I'm talking about.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426419611.491838.jpg

This is the GITD version. When compared to the regular version (see below), you can see how his body has a translucent (partially clear) element to it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426419681.947262.jpg

This is the regular, non-GITD. I know it's kinda hard to tell, because of the lighting in the pic, but if you look at the white on his body, it's solid white. Nothing even remotely clear about it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426419783.053309.jpg

Here's a side by side comparison. The one on the left you can see is a slightly different color. It also has that element of "clearishness" to it.

As you can see in all 3 pics, there isn't a huge difference between the regular and GITD versions. And in fact, there are some figures that have absolutely NO difference between their two versions (e.g. La Muerte) until you turn the lights off, of course. The only thing that makes me think Thanos' differences will be noticeable, is the fact that he's a 6" POP!, and I would imagine that the bigger they are, the more easily the differences can be seen. I personally don't own any GITD 6" pops like Stay Puft, but from what I can tell from pics, it's not that noticeable.

Personally, I think you picked a great POP! To have as your first 6". He is really cool looking!

@mlmaier84

That does help thank you, hopefully no difference in the Thanos ones and maybe there will be side by side comparison of the two on here or elsewhere.
Thanks for that

Reactions: mlmaier84
Wow, the collector looks amazing. Him and Thanos are the only ones I've ordered from this wave

Hey guys, here's some pics of the Previews Exclusive Ravager's Rocket Raccoon, aka "The most useless variant EVER".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427366556.633720.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427366568.901647.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427366581.182554.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427366719.494113.jpg

I left the flash off for those, because it was making him look weird, but here's a pic of him standing next to the regular version with the flash on. You can see the difference between the two, but in hand the difference is far less noticeable. I had to look for a minute or two in the store with them side by side before noticing. I think it's ridiculous that Funko signed off on this!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427366706.226233.jpg

A store i was at yesterday in Vancouver had a bunch of the Ravagers Dancing Groot. Selling them for $30 CAN each... Seemed a little steep considering they are still available at Entertainment Earth for $12.99 USD

@mlmaier84 Looks like those Ravagers Rocket have a different paint job on the face slightly. No? Slightly different color?

A store i was at yesterday in Vancouver had a bunch of the Ravagers Dancing Groot. Selling them for $30 CAN each... Seemed a little steep considering they are still available at Entertainment Earth for $12.99 USD

@mlmaier84 Looks like those Ravagers Rocket have a different paint job on the face slightly. No? Slightly different color?
Yeah, you're 100% correct Kris. Funny because I posted the comparison pic on a few different Funko buy/sell/trade groups and I don't think anyone pointed that out. Good eye, bud!

I really wanted one a bit different, this one looks awesome
I do like his head. However, it would've been better had they done something different with his body. The part of the movie that his expression reminds me of is when they're breaking out of prison and Rocket is on his back shooting at the robots. Would've been cool if they had sculpted his arms to make those "shields" that he uses during that scene.

Why couldn't they have given Thanos that kind of sinister look instead of that goofy @$$ smile he has?!

WHAT!? ANOTHER GROOT!? :bored:

...He looks so awesome!
But still... seems like a tad overkill. But thats funko for ya.

While I'm not stoked about having to buy another Groot, I am happy to see that at least it's a new sculpt. Well, partially at least...

You don't HAVE to buy him Mathew... haha Nobody is forcing you.
...or are they? o_O :blackalien:

Reactions: mlmaier84 and Flash
WHAT!? ANOTHER GROOT!? :bored:

...He looks so awesome!
But still... seems like a tad overkill. But thats funko for ya.

You don't HAVE to buy him Mathew... haha Nobody is forcing you.
...or are they? o_O :blackalien:
You're right, Kris. I don't HAVE to buy it lol. But when you're already like 17-18 pops in to a series and it's the only one in your way of completing the set.....Not sure about you, but my OCD beats me over the head with a steel mallet at that point LOL.

...Whats next? An Angry Dancing Baby Groot? LOL

View attachment 151294
LMFAO!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!

For those of you who ordered one...I received my shipping confirmation for my GITD Thanos from Entertainment Earth yesterday.

Do you have the normal one?
If you do can you do a side by side photo of the normal and GITD version when it arrives? (Or anyone that will have both)
I've ordered the GITD version but I may change that for the normal version depending on colours.
I don't own a GITD pop yet and it will be my first and also my first 6"

Reactions: digitalbabe