Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm kinda hoping the WWA steel matches the first. I just got my hands on the cassette steel (via Nova's full slip) recently after owning the Blufans UE for ages. And I gotta say...I love them both. The concept and execution on the WWA steel is just fantastic. And with all the debossing and spot gloss, I can't imagine why it was so badly maligned--on this site, anyway, as it's still quite a popular title on the secondary market.

That said, I'd still love to see Blufans go all out again. There's plenty of love for this franchise to go around. :headphone:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I saw this the other day and couldn't help but think it might be one of their lame ZBOXs that we're getting excited over. :squint: Hopefully we're not though, guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm kinda hoping the WWA steel matches the first. I just got my hands on the cassette steel (via Nova's full slip) recently after owning the Blufans UE for ages. And I gotta say...I love them both. The concept and execution on the WWA steel is just fantastic. And with all the debossing and spot gloss, I can't imagine why it was so badly maligned--on this site, anyway, as it's still quite a popular title on the secondary market.

That said, I'd still love to see Blufans go all out again. There's plenty of love for this franchise to go around. :headphone:
Probably because it looked like this..
10983146-1411992098-340976.jpg

When in actual fact, it should have looked like this...
tape.jpg

Plus there's the fact that when it's on the shelf, all you see are a bunch of buttons and no title.
I understand that some might like it but in my personal opinion i don't think is was well executed at all. Each to their own i guess

Last edited:

AS with the famous Magritte work ^ the GotG steelbook is merely a representation of the real thing . . . "CECI N'EST PAS UNE PIPE" (THIS IS NOT A PIPE) - of course it's not a pipe, it's a picture of a pipe . . .
The stunningly inventive and original GotG first steelbook may not be a clone of the portable music device but I think it looks pretty damn good as a representation and anyway wouldn't be surprised to read that copyright or other legal issues prevented a closer match (lol).

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
If they really wanted to, they could probably use their own custom design from the promo images they released...

View attachment 308204

This is what I think they will go with

Gona be some annoyed people but if they kept it blue it would look better than the first one. Which I don't mind and is better in hand but annoying with the skip buttons and it looking nothing like the film version

well if they do use the same design (or similar) as last time... hopefully somewhere down the line we will get a lenticular re-release to go with the lenti of the first one

To be fair they seem to have taken quite a bit of feedback on board since their original GOTG steelbook release, so I'm hoping they won't go with another cassette type design. However, if they do, then at least it should have a title on the spine this time... looking on the bright side and all that. :p

Reactions: Shane Dale
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up using an horizontal version of this...

View attachment 308238

This also crossed my mind

Can't believe I'm about to say this, that wouldn't bother me too much as I quite like the old school feel especially when I had tapes with similar scribbles on!

I'll get this anyway to go the 1st film WWA version and I'm bound to get the blufans with proper art anyway to match their first one

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

It's not fantastic because it's wrong...how can you like or praise something while defending it when it's completely wrong since they used a different design from the films walkman. It dosen't make sense.

God no wonder Zavvi/Disney don't change much for WWA when people praise them for bad jobs

• Thanks
Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
It's not fantastic because it's wrong...how can you like or praise something while defending it when it's completely wrong since they used a different design from the films walkman. It dosen't make sense.

God no wonder Zavvi/Disney don't change much for WWA when people praise them for bad jobs

Lol just because it wrong it don't mean it don't look nice to some.

Yes it's the wrong design from the film but I still have soft spot for it, turned out better once i had it in hand compared to the original mockup IMO - and a lot agree

Jeez, get a grip

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt and neo
Lol just because it wrong it don't mean it don't look nice to some.

Yes it's the wrong design from the film but I still have soft spot for it, turned out better once i had it in hand compared to the original mockup IMO - and a lot agree

Jeez, get a grip

It's different to say "I like it" but to say it's fantastic art and over praise it when it's completely wrong for the film just sends out the wrong message to these companies that in the end hurts the rest of us who would like to see the correct art used. There's no reason why they couldn't have used a different art IF they knew they weren't allowed to use Sony's Walkman design.

"Jeez, get a grip"

That wasn't needed was it...I mean really. Don't do that.

• Thanks
It's different to say "I like it" but to say it's fantastic art and over praise it when it's completely wrong for the film just sends out the wrong message to these companies that in the end hurts the rest of us who would like to see the correct art used. There's no reason why they couldn't have used a different art IF they knew they weren't allowed to use Sony's Walkman design.

"Jeez, get a grip"

That wasn't needed was it...I mean really. Don't do that.

If she thinks it's fantastic then that's fine. She don't have to word herself around you

Get a grip was defo needed - but maybe take a chill pill will suit you more?

If she thinks it's fantastic then that's fine. She don't have to word herself around you

Get a grip was defo needed - but maybe take a chill pill will suit you more?

I didn't say she did. She had her comment, I had mine...you are the one who has a problem with it and has exploded by relying to me so maybe you should really keep that chill pill for your self or maybe you have some other immature insults you want to throw my way. Sad part it is wasn't even said to you.

• Thanks
HDN are equipped for moments like these :chill pill:

This was a popcorn thread last night and it's carrying on now :LOL: Only difference is @Flloydo joined the party :p:D

I missed all last night, what happened?

I didn't say she did. She had her comment, I had mine...you are the one who has a problem with it and has exploded by relying to me so maybe you should really keep that chill pill for your self or maybe you have some other immature insults you want to throw my way. Sad part it is wasn't even said to you.

Your the one saying its all "wrong"

And then making a dig at people's taste

I'm not being immature, I just thought as always your being over the top and decided to defend her comment

Hahah get a grip is not a immature insult. It's not even a f*cking insult. Get a grip x2

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89