Purchase links: Blu-ray from Best Buy - UHD from Best Buy
Price: $29.99 - $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4K UHD +3D + Blu-ray
01.jpg 04.jpg

Blu-ray + DVD
02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
Holy :woot:... Just looked at your theatre. Wish I had the space to make that... and the $$$

If you ever have to remodel your downstairs in your lifetime I highly recommend trying to make a dedicated theater area with dark walls and ceilings and darker carpet. I figured we already had everything down to the studs so might as well spend just a small amount more. I already had the speakers and amps before so it wasnt like we had to go out and buy all new equipment. I had my last projector since 2009 so it was due for an upgrade. The lens system was bought in 2005 so that is still going strong. If you take care of your equipment you should get many years of enjoyment. I need to take some new photos. Currently swapping out the Oppo 205 that I got 3 weeks ago for the Panisonic as it was recomended by many to do so as it has a horrible Red push. Will also save me about $900 doing so.

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks
Is yours a native 4K projector?

No its the eshift one. The native ones are expensive. Got the RS 520. I wanted the higher contrast compared to the cheaper 420 and I think it was the right move. These things are beasts. 34 lbs. Much different than the smaller Panisonics I have been used to over the years. The biggest thing I notice in the picture quality is the uniformity of the focus from middle to edge. It is spot on. My cheaper projectors never had this. And of course it is very clear and bright. The colors are just insane. So is the acne on actors faces when sitting in the front row. Thats another thing. I am finally in the front now about 10 feet from the screen and it is comfortable.

Last edited:
hey folks! I have a very limited of 4K UHD steelbooks extras that came in without any visible problems or issues.

I received a number of messages while I was on vacation about availability. Instead of responding to each of you,
I'm going to re-open the group buy at random time on Monday, August 28th!

If you already purchased a copy, please do not attempt to purchase another one. Duplicate orders will be cancelled.

If you are USA member, I will help you as well, shipping $5 to any USA location.

Thanks!

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-vol-2-3d-4k-blu-ray-steelbook-group-buy.173/

@Wreck

hey folks! I have a very limited of 4K UHD steelbooks extras that came in without any visible problems or issues.

I received a number of messages while I was on vacation about availability. Instead of responding to each of you,

If you already purchased a copy, please do not attempt to purchase another one. Duplicate orders will be cancelled.

If you are USA member, I will help you as well, shipping $5 to any USA location.

Thanks!

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-vol-2-3d-4k-blu-ray-steelbook-group-buy.173/

@Wreck

I apologize for being dense but after reading the group buy information I just wanted to be clear.
Does this new group buy exclude Canadians?

I apologize for being dense but after reading the group buy information I just wanted to be clear.

He ships to Canada ... and if I had to guess shipping cost for 1 steelbook to there would be anywhere from $16-20 ... fyi

Reactions: Stygian

He ships to Canada ... and if I had to guess shipping cost for 1 steelbook to there would be anywhere from $16-20 ... fyi

Correct, I can ship to Canada - including box, insurance, etc, it's close to $20. Would suggest combining with other releases to make it worth it.

Reactions: Stygian
Could this be combined with HDN Black Label 3 single editions to save on international postage?

Sorry, I won't be warehousing the HDN editions, so there's no opportunity to combine them like that. Savings would be quite minimal since they would have to be mailed to me and then re-mailed to you.

Thanks!

@Wreck

OK I have to head out.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting for this. I hope you all manage to get a copy! :)