Hacksaw Ridge (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No. 70) [Korea]

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: September 12th, 2018
Purchase links: Premium Box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip Preorder July 5th, 2018 14 KST Local Time Zone HERE
Price: Pre-order from July 5th
Group Buy: Hosted by Cooey Premium box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip
Notes:
Lenticular - Full Slip - 1/4 Slip - Special Box. Kimchidvd numbering card will be included.
Designed by ARTCRAFTS.

36288223_2315863131974224_3291793592854511616_n.jpg 34018392_2293580914202446_8326981842141970432_n.jpg34135818_2293580757535795_8659616725525856256_n.jpg34120433_2293580807535790_1630010264302649344_n.jpg
steelbook.jpg

Attachments

• 34017819_2293580817535789_6093746565032181760_n.jpg
    34017819_2293580817535789_6093746565032181760_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 36288223_2315863131974224_3291793592854511616_n.jpg
    36288223_2315863131974224_3291793592854511616_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Last edited by a moderator:
The numbering mismatch

Ohhh lol

I thought you was doing that at me. Like it was common knowledge and I had missed it lol.

I think it’s due to a certain amount going through kimchi. My guess anyway because I’m still the same number on both stickers

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
WHOA, that lenti is a shocker EEK! blurry and no movement at all :bored: I must say I expected much better than this.....and no glossy steel is fail as well, overall disappointed with this release :squint:
The Lenti isn't that bad the pictures I posted were just quick snaps with my phone as well as being sealed there is a protective layer of film under the shrink wrap there is some depth to the image, saying all that it seems the full slip is the winner for this release.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
This is my first GB, do the hubs normally PM us the tracking numbers when they ship?

My order arrived today, too:

01.jpg

02.jpg03.jpg

Rather mixed feelings with this release. The lenti certainly looks bad. Hopefully unsealing it will help a bit. But I feel like the whole slip hasn't received too much love. The title on the spine isn't embossed, and overall it feels less sturdy than usual. Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't unsealed it yet, but still. Still wonderung what I was thinking going for the lenti in the first place? I'm a full slip guy, usually, and this proves me right once again. :wacky:
The 1/4 Slip on the other hand is quite nice, it has texturing for the fabric and fine embossings for the seams and buttons. But because of the rather underwhelming steelbook, I guess it wasn't really worth the money.
You know what's silly? The thing I like most about this release are those little clear attachment stickers with the United States Army logo printed on. :D

Can anyone explain this?

My numbered card is 105 / 240 but a sticker at the top of the slip says no 105 / 900!

I’m assuming that 240 are through kimchi with the numbering card and sticker and 900 on the other sticker is the actual total of full slips available

Yes, same here. KimchiDVD allocation vs. overall produced.

WHOA, that lenti is a shocker EEK! blurry and no movement at all :bored: I must say I expected much better than this.....and no glossy steel is fail as well, overall disappointed with this release :squint:

Same first impression.

There's an extra cellophane sticker over it that has to be removed for maximum satisfaction apparently.

There is? Hopefully you're right!

I received my Lent. Wrinkled cellophane with a blurred image. I know it will come off but I was planning to leave it sealed. That and the bland steelbook. Meh.

Definitely not a lenti suited for sealed collectors.

The Lenti isn't that bad the pictures I posted were just quick snaps with my phone as well as being sealed there is a protective layer of film under the shrink wrap there is some depth to the image, saying all that it seems the full slip is the winner for this release.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Last edited:

It's not a shocker at all but the clear winner is the fullslip

This is my first GB, do the hubs normally PM us the tracking numbers when they ship?

Nope not unless you PM asking for it

my last box is arriving today for gb shipments. So anyone who didnt receive a shipping invoice from me will receive it over next 48 hours.

These low print runs for Kimchi are split between Kimchi and the general release. If you look at the bottom of the package it doesnt say Kimchi so its more than obvious. Still low allocation to KimchiDVD. And to those that say would have been steelbook of the year if it was glossy I say just because its not glossy does it mean it is no good. I dont understand why people think glossy is the means to all. At least it isnt all scratched up.

Can anyone explain this?

My numbered card is 105 / 240 but a sticker at the top of the slip says no 105 / 900!

I’m assuming that 240 are through kimchi with the numbering card and sticker and 900 on the other sticker is the actual total of full slips available

View attachment 394103

View attachment 394104
If I remember rightly, Kimchi weren’t selling all of these editions and only the numbering card comes with orders through Kimchi & GBs for a Kimchi. God knows where the rest were selling from.

It confused me because I saw it said somewhere the numbering card only comes with the Kimchi orders - think it was @cooey who told me that? Is that right cooey?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
If I remember rightly, Kimchi weren’t selling all of these editions and only the numbering card comes with orders through Kimchi & GBs for a Kimchi. God knows where the rest were selling from.

It confused me because I saw it said somewhere the numbering card only comes with the Kimchi orders - think it was @cooey who told me that? Is that right cooey?

Yeah I believe that is right

I forgot when it all arrived

Reactions: Bender The Offender
These low print runs for Kimchi are split between Kimchi and the general release. If you look at the bottom of the package it doesnt say Kimchi so its more than obvious. Still low allocation to KimchiDVD. And to those that say would have been steelbook of the year if it was glossy I say just because its not glossy does it mean it is no good. I dont understand why people think glossy is the means to all. At least it isnt all scratched up.

Gloss makes a majority of steels better. But when done right, it doesnt need to be gloss everytime. I dont mind war films not gloss, also dont mind if they are. Some war films the matte finishes with coatings etc. can be very nice.

With this one, I think its just more the fact for many that we rarely see gloss white steels. And gloss white steels typically go over VERY well.

And to those that say would have been steelbook of the year if it was glossy I say just because its not glossy does it mean it is no good. I dont understand why people think glossy is the means to all. At least it isnt all scratched up.
That's obviously aimed at me because I said it COULD have been a contender for steelbook of the year.

We, I'm entitled to my opinion. And just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong (or right)

As Wreck said gloss makes a steelbook better. I'd rather gave the best effort afforded to me. Especially for the prices these things cost.......