Release date: September 29, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MM3

Jul 8, 2016
I haven't opened my copy, but does the steelbook have matte or satin finish? It appears to be satin. I think a loy of people confuse satin for matte.

Jun 17, 2020
I haven't opened my copy, but does the steelbook have matte or satin finish? It appears to be satin. I think a loy of people confuse satin for matte.
I don't know the difference, but it's basically the same finish as the Ghost in the Shell steelbook that was also released recently.

MM3

Jul 8, 2016
I don't know the difference, but it's basically the same finish as the Ghost in the Shell steelbook that was also released recently.
I believe both are satin. Funny enough, I haven't opened my Ghost in the Shell steel either, but from the videos, both appear to have satin finish. Satin looks nicer than matte. It's not shiny like gloss, but has a smoother finish than matte, which is usually more rough (and sometimes streaky). The Best Buy steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has a satin finish.

Jun 17, 2020
I believe both are satin. Funny enough, I haven't opened my Ghost in the Shell steel either, but from the videos, both appear to have satin finish. Satin looks nicer than matte. It's not shiny like gloss, but has a smoother finish than matte, which is usually more rough (and sometimes streaky). The Best Buy steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has a satin finish.
Yeah, I'd say it's a satin finish because it's quite smooth but not glossy smooth.

Reactions: MM3

MM3

Jul 8, 2016
Wish I had gotten this looks great in pictures, but there now $50 on eBay :angry:
You can get it from Zavvi. It's more expensive, but cheaper than $50.