Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 29, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the unboxing video looks satin finish to me ...

... and also nice to see no artwork alignment issues from front to back.

yeah it does a bit. Looks nice in the vid

Anyone else surprised this has sold out so fast? Now I'm glad that I picked up a copy a few days ago (and it's really nice in hand).

I haven't opened my copy, but does the steelbook have matte or satin finish? It appears to be satin. I think a loy of people confuse satin for matte.

I haven't opened my copy, but does the steelbook have matte or satin finish? It appears to be satin. I think a loy of people confuse satin for matte.
I don't know the difference, but it's basically the same finish as the Ghost in the Shell steelbook that was also released recently.

I don't know the difference, but it's basically the same finish as the Ghost in the Shell steelbook that was also released recently.
I believe both are satin. Funny enough, I haven't opened my Ghost in the Shell steel either, but from the videos, both appear to have satin finish. Satin looks nicer than matte. It's not shiny like gloss, but has a smoother finish than matte, which is usually more rough (and sometimes streaky). The Best Buy steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has a satin finish.

I believe both are satin. Funny enough, I haven't opened my Ghost in the Shell steel either, but from the videos, both appear to have satin finish. Satin looks nicer than matte. It's not shiny like gloss, but has a smoother finish than matte, which is usually more rough (and sometimes streaky). The Best Buy steelbook for Godzilla: King of the Monsters has a satin finish.
Yeah, I'd say it's a satin finish because it's quite smooth but not glossy smooth.

Reactions: MM3
Is this getting a re-release? Instead of "sold out" it says "coming soon" on Best Buy's site.
Yes, Bestbuy keeps reprinting steelbooks that were successful. Evil dead 4K steelbook is being re-released as well.