Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 10-26-20

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Knew it would happen. Would of been interested in this if the release date wasn’t this month

Reactions: MrSquifler

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Great artwork! Need to rewatch the film though... only seen it once several years ago and wasn't the biggest fan. I imagine it'll be a film I'll enjoy more the second time around though now that I know what to expect - I originally found it a little slow and lacking.

• Thanks
Reactions: samdavies

steelmybeatingheart

less than 300 left- be quick to avoid missing out!
Premium Supporter
Jul 6, 2016
London
Great artwork! Need to rewatch the film though... only seen it once several years ago and wasn't the biggest fan. I imagine it'll be a film I'll enjoy more the second time around though now that I know what to expect - I originally found it a little slow and lacking.
i had a good chat with a mate on this topic a while back. :coffee: he said he didn't understand the fuss about Halloween, why the pace was so deliberate (i.e. slow), and how the kills and surprises all seemed a bit tried and tested. it in no way invalidated his opinion, of course, but i mentioned that Halloween was the template for pretty much every slasher film made subsequently - music, camera angles, editing, suspense. chatting further, he'd already seen all the rushed facsimiles before the original.

doesn't mean he's wrong, or that you don't find it slow, but i like the deliberate pace; for me, it adds to the tension, and mirrors Michael's relentless, deliberate stalking, as does the music. :) plus a hammy Donald Pleasance and a young Jamie Lee Curtis. give it a rewatch, see if your opinion varies at all. it's def. worth at least a rewatch, anyway. :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
From reading this thread and other forums I've noticed that some people are confused about which year this movie is from.
Is it possible for a moderator to add the year (1978) to the thread title?

@IRON MAN

Feb 22, 2019
Manchester
Weird... that’s the first 4K ever released for this film to my knowledge.... I believe other two 4K steels were for the remake, but not John Carpenter’s original...
Oh, this is the original?? I wrongly assumed it was the recent one again.

****, guess I'm buying it.