Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 12 noon UK time Monday October 5th for Red Carpet subscribers and 6pm for everyone else)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Comes w/ clear slipcase

12699695-1594802090456943.jpg
12699695-1894802090511930.jpg12699695-6964804637443023.jpg

Last edited:
Knew it would happen. Would of been interested in this if the release date wasn’t this month

Reactions: MrSquifler
Great artwork! Need to rewatch the film though... only seen it once several years ago and wasn't the biggest fan. I imagine it'll be a film I'll enjoy more the second time around though now that I know what to expect - I originally found it a little slow and lacking.

• Thanks
Reactions: samdavies
Great artwork! Need to rewatch the film though... only seen it once several years ago and wasn't the biggest fan. I imagine it'll be a film I'll enjoy more the second time around though now that I know what to expect - I originally found it a little slow and lacking.
i had a good chat with a mate on this topic a while back. :coffee: he said he didn't understand the fuss about Halloween, why the pace was so deliberate (i.e. slow), and how the kills and surprises all seemed a bit tried and tested. it in no way invalidated his opinion, of course, but i mentioned that Halloween was the template for pretty much every slasher film made subsequently - music, camera angles, editing, suspense. chatting further, he'd already seen all the rushed facsimiles before the original.

doesn't mean he's wrong, or that you don't find it slow, but i like the deliberate pace; for me, it adds to the tension, and mirrors Michael's relentless, deliberate stalking, as does the music. :) plus a hammy Donald Pleasance and a young Jamie Lee Curtis. give it a rewatch, see if your opinion varies at all. it's def. worth at least a rewatch, anyway. :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
From reading this thread and other forums I've noticed that some people are confused about which year this movie is from.
Is it possible for a moderator to add the year (1978) to the thread title?

@IRON MAN