Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 12 noon UK time Monday October 5th for Red Carpet subscribers and 6pm for everyone else)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Comes w/ clear slipcase

12699695-1594802090456943.jpg
12699695-1894802090511930.jpg12699695-6964804637443023.jpg

Last edited:
i had a good chat with a mate on this topic a while back. :coffee: he said he didn't understand the fuss about Halloween, why the pace was so deliberate (i.e. slow), and how the kills and surprises all seemed a bit tried and tested. it in no way invalidated his opinion, of course, but i mentioned that Halloween was the template for pretty much every slasher film made subsequently - music, camera angles, editing, suspense. chatting further, he'd already seen all the rushed facsimiles before the original.

doesn't mean he's wrong, or that you don't find it slow, but i like the deliberate pace; for me, it adds to the tension, and mirrors Michael's relentless, deliberate stalking, as does the music. :) plus a hammy Donald Pleasance and a young Jamie Lee Curtis. give it a rewatch, see if your opinion varies at all. it's def. worth at least a rewatch, anyway. :thumbs:
That's exactly how I felt too. Think it's a case of me being late to the party though, as I'd obviously seen many other horrors before finally checking it out that used the same formula (no doubt inspired by Halloween as you said), so it definitely felt tried and tested for me. Suppose I just need to keep in mind that it was more or less the first of it's kind once I get around to rewatching it... might do that fairly soon actually. ;)

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Twice the price of the U.S. release.

Ripped off once again....... (n)
Zavvi Is not twice the price
Twice the price would mean £30.90
Zavvi price is £24.99

USA release price is $19.99 = £15.46 and that's before shipping cost is applied and sales tax is applied
Best Buy apply 6% sales tax at checkout ontop of the $19.99 depending on state delivery address

Group Buy price for best buy release is $24.10 = £18.16 and does not include shipping cost that's an extra $31.60
Total $55.70

Zavvi Is not twice the price
Twice the price would mean £30.90
Zavvi price is £24.99

USA release price is $19.99 = £15.46 and that's before shipping cost is applied and sales tax is applied
Best Buy apply 6% sales tax at checkout ontop of the $19.99 depending on state delivery address

Group Buy price for best buy release is $24.10 = £18.16 and does not include shipping cost that's an extra $31.60
Total $55.70

BoldFocusedDog-size_restricted.gif

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a 'Steelbook with intentional debossed slash marks on it?
Apart from misuse of the box cutter adding 'intentional' debossed scratches to the spine there's always IN A QUIET PLACE (Best Buy exclusive, N. America) and if you want to go more hardcore there's a far greater choice of steels with debossed bullet holes.

Reactions: Lord Vader