Halloween (1978) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 12 noon UK time Monday October 5th for Red Carpet subscribers and 6pm for everyone else)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Comes w/ clear slipcase

12699695-1594802090456943.jpg
12699695-1894802090511930.jpg12699695-6964804637443023.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone get a despatch email for this ?, mine is still 'Awaiting Dispatch'....... hope this is just another zavvi screwup, like they did a few times recently, and they have actually been sent out.....

Just got back from work and mine was waiting for me in my post/delivery box! Only got a dispatch email this morning haha. Its mint too!

uk slips are always crap. just pointless tat. I wish the publisher would focus on quality steels, that means good art with a nice finish, emboss, gloss, spot gloss etc.

to be fair though, I think the art for this steel is great, cant comment on finish since I havent received mine yet

Does the slip cause scratches anyway? I really like the US knives out with clear slip. Ours didn’t have it but afterwards I thought maybe a good thing.

uk slips are always crap. just pointless tat. I wish the publisher would focus on quality steels, that means good art with a nice finish, emboss, gloss, spot gloss etc.

to be fair though, I think the art for this steel is great, cant comment on finish since I havent received mine yet

just standard matte but yeah the art is perfect. US one might have a smoother matte though from what I’ve seen with the US pics. Hard to tell

Reactions: levi
just standard matte but yeah the art is perfect. US one might have a smoother matte though from what I’ve seen with the US pics. Hard to tell
The Best Buy one is Satin, which has a smoother finish and slight shine to it just like satin paint that you buy at the store.

The slip will be the same as the best buy usa version

The slip will be the same as the best buy usa version
@Pizzapizza98
The slip not the exact same there is differences

UK The slip has UK/Ireland age rating logos are printed on the slip
UK release was always going to have age rating logos on the slip
Some customers would have preferred for removable stickers instead of been printed

12699695-6964804637443023.jpg

USA Best Buy release that slip don't have any age ratings logos

Halloween_SB_Skew_in_Apet_0-Card122-720x720.jpg

If you want a release without age rating logos the USA release is the one to get

@Pizzapizza98

Some customers would have preferred for removable stickers instead of been printed

View attachment 489634

View attachment 489635

If you want a release without age rating logos the USA release is the one to get
Hardly any difference really expect for a cert logo

Reactions: MrSquifler
@Pizzapizza98

View attachment 489634

View attachment 489635

Also the U.K. slip has the Blu ray logo at the bottom of the spine and lionsgate at the top (but it don’t match up with the lionsgate logo on the steelbook underneath so you can kinda see it twice lol)

Other thing is the disc art. U.K. one is the same art on both discs and the US has a different 4K disc art. Other than that this is a tad streaky compared to the US one. But it’s not a bad streak like some. Shame it didn’t have the satin finish the US got but it’s still nice

Reactions: paulboland
Also the U.K. slip has the Blu ray logo at the bottom of the spine and lionsgate at the top (but it don’t match up with the lionsgate logo on the steelbook underneath so you can kinda see it twice lol)

Other thing is the disc art. U.K. one is the same art on both discs and the US has a different 4K disc art. Other than that this is a tad streaky compared to the US one. But it’s not a bad streak like some. Shame it didn’t have the satin finish the US got but it’s still nice
Have u got the states 1