Mondo Halloween (1978) - OST (John Carpenter) (Clear with Orange and Black Splatter Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: Mondo (Pre Order live on Wednesday October 3, 2018 at noon CT time)
Price: $32.00
Notes: 180 Gram - Mono - Clear with Orange and Black Splatter vinyl exclusive to Mondo Website.
Retail variant also available Orange vinyl
IMG_20181001_181144.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered from zavvi

They have loads of new vinyl they added today FYI from earthworm Jim to a new stranger things vinyl. About 10/15 new vinyl

Mine finally arrived from zavvi (sent the same day as beetlejuice but for some reason had taken nearly a week longer despite both being sent from the US)

Have to say I’m extremely disappointed. For a 40th anniversary editon its a huge let down.

First off the art is so dark that you can barely see Micheal at all. Not even the effect they have gone for works which in honesty works better and looks better in the mock ups. And although the spot glossing on the rain is cool, it’s makes the image even harder to see because all you see is the gloss. Bad choice of art now I have it in hand.

Secondly, the inside where the vinyl sits is just card. I mean brown card. Like that recycled look. Not a massive deal but when you notice it you just think it’s cheap.

Thirdly, there’s no extra goodies. No insert or anything. I know a lot of Mondo vinyl don’t necessary have things like that but most of the ones I own do (in fact I’m sure all my Mondo vinyl do). I recently picked up fifth element and big trouble in little China (will post pics soon) and their music credits are on a insert in the form of somthing that goes or relates with the film. Very cool and that extra little touch completes the vinyl as a premium package. Yeah this is slightly cheaper than a normal Mondo but that’s only due to the fact it’s one vinyl record and not X2

And lastly, for me one of the panels is glued wrong and makes the gatefold not close properly. Very annoying.

So yeah not really anything decent to say about this.

Will most likely send this back for a refund.

Mine finally arrived from zavvi (sent the same day as beetlejuice but for some reason had taken nearly a week longer despite both being sent from the US)

Have to say I’m extremely disappointed. For a 40th anniversary editon its a huge let down.

First off the art is so dark that you can barely see Micheal at all. Not even the effect they have gone for works which in honesty works better and looks better in the mock ups. And although the spot glossing on the rain is cool, it’s makes the image even harder to see because all you see is the gloss. Bad choice of art now I have it in hand.

Secondly, the inside where the vinyl sits is just card. I mean brown card. Like that recycled look. Not a massive deal but when you notice it you just think it’s cheap.

Thirdly, there’s no extra goodies. No insert or anything. I know a lot of Mondo vinyl don’t necessary have things like that but most of the ones I own do (in fact I’m sure all my Mondo vinyl do). I recently picked up fifth element and big trouble in little China (will post pics soon) and their music credits are on a insert in the form of somthing that goes or relates with the film. Very cool and that extra little touch completes the vinyl as a premium package. Yeah this is slightly cheaper than a normal Mondo but that’s only due to the fact it’s one vinyl record and not X2

And lastly, for me one of the panels is glued wrong and makes the gatefold not close properly. Very annoying.

So yeah not really anything decent to say about this.

Will most likely send this back for a refund.

Thanks for the info, I was hovering over this one just last night so appreciate the insight.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo