4K-USA Halloween Collection (1-5) (4K UHD + Blu-ray) (Scream Factory) [USA]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: October 5, 2021
Purchase link: Shout Factory
Purchase links Amazon: Halloween - Halloween 2 - Halloween 3 - Halloween 4 - Halloween 5
Price: Various (Shout Factory) - $27.99 (Amazon)

unnamed (5).png unnamed (4).png unnamed (3).png unnamed (1).png unnamed (2).png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how likely it is that Shout will release the rest of the series (6-10)? I don't know much about the rights situation with those. I would assume they would be able to release them pretty easily. I'll hold off buying if it's likely there will be another box set down the road.

Maybe they plan to release them next September before Halloween Ends releases?
Its strange alright.

They released everything together in the BD set. Not sure why its just the first 5 for 4K? And it makes no sense to release 6-10 for the new film.....

If you really want these, I'd preorder and ask questions later. If something else happens down the line, you should have no problem offloading these.

There was something about teaming up with somebody else for the BD box set. Cant remember who. Maybe Anchor Bay or Miramax or something.....?

Maybe that's complicating a new set here?

Figured that's what it was.

@ManRay there you go......
Rights for the other films are no longer with Anchor Bay
Scream could only licence 1-5 from Lionsgate and Universal for the 4K UHD release

The previous complete box set collection from Scream Factory was a joint Scream/Anchor Bay release

For those based outside USA that want the vinyl edition releases
You can order from Sacred Bones Records these have a different colour vinyl exclusive to Sacred Bones Records

Note all are Blu-ray releases even though DVD is mentioned when you click select edition
Thanks. I'll probably just order these then.

Reactions: paulboland
Does anyone know how likely it is that Shout will release the rest of the series (6-10)? I don't know much about the rights situation with those. I would assume they would be able to release them pretty easily. I'll hold off buying if it's likely there will be another box set down the road.

Maybe they plan to release them next September before Halloween Ends releases?
I think Paramount has the rights to 6-10. It's more likely that Shout won't renew rights for 1-5 and they will revert to Paramount. Then it's up to them if they want to release a full box set. Regardless, very unlikely to get a Shout Factory box set of all of them together. I would hope that if it was a possibility, they would have waited to release a box set.

I think Paramount has the rights to 6-10. It's more likely that Shout won't renew rights for 1-5 and they will revert to Paramount. Then it's up to them if they want to release a full box set. Regardless, very unlikely to get a Shout Factory box set of all of them together. I would hope that if it was a possibility, they would have waited to release a box set.
Paramount will not be getting rights to 1-5 as the rights are with Lionsgate and Universal
Scream Factory licenced from Lionsgate and Universal to do the 4K UHD releases of 1-5

6-10 was Miramax and Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)
Paramount only had distribution to 6/7/8 for a period of time after dimension fillm lost the rights to halloween and collapse of The Weinstein Company

On July 31, 2018, Lantern Entertainment who purchased The Weinstein Company assets signed a distribution deal with Lionsgate for the Weinstein Company's library

Universal has the rights to the new Halloween Films
Universal owns the rights to the original halloween films 2/3 and the new films
Lionsgate has the distribution rights to 1/4/5/6/7/8/9/10

To be fair releasing them all in one go as a box set in 4k would stretch anyone's finances and all but the richest people would be able to buy them in one go...

Whilst it'll be nice to have all the Halloween movies in one 4k boxset, I already have the original deluxe boxset Shout brought out all those years ago.

With the release of these new editions in rigid slip cases with the new artwork I'd rather them continue the trend and release them all individually with the same style artwork and slipcases

I would love for them to so their own releases of Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills next if they can't get the rights for the 6-10 movies

Reactions: Rady
To be fair releasing them all in one go as a box set in 4k would stretch anyone's finances and all but the richest people would be able to buy them in one go...

I agree with this, the retail on just this five alone in dollars is like $185, so with the other five it'd be like $370 and closer to $480 if they included the new trilogy which would only make sense for a complete boxset.

Amazon USA price drop to $27.99 on each release
Ordered with this price earlier today, since Amazon CA doesn't have these listed. With the new prices, this is currently the best price for any Canadians out there that want just the movies. Might cancel if Amazon CA gets them for less, but not holding out hope.

Reactions: paulboland
These are up on Amazon Canada now, prices are round $39.99 Canadian

Not shipping to the UK though - always strange with Amazon CA, some new releases you can preorder and have sent to the UK (like the Friday the 13th collection for example), and some aren't

I wouldn't be surprised if they disappear from both sites.

Since when could you ever purchase any Shout Factory release from Zavvi?
Zavvi USA is now a separate website from Zavvi UK since a few months now

There are other USA only releases on Zavvi USA you won't see listed on Zavvi UK

Examples Arrow Video USA only releases

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Greetings from Scream Factory!

It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare. We can't wait to usher in October with Michael, Laurie, Dr. Loomis, and the rest of the Haddonfield residents.

As a reminder the street date for the five Halloween films has moved to October 5, 2021. Also, if you are waiting to buy our limited edition bundle with the enamel pins, it is nearly sold out, less than 100 remain.

Halloween Kills 12" Vinyl

Before we get to the bonus features below we want to remind you that we are once again collaborating with John Carpenter and Sacred Bones by offering a 12" vinyl splatter variant of the new Halloween Kills soundtrack. The Halloween Kills soundtrack is the work of a master artist who, nearly 50 years into his career, continues to push his creative limits and find new ways to thrill and terrify his fans. Note that as of this writing, the limited edition vinyl variant is more than 65% sold out. The 12" streets October 15, 2021.

BONUS FEATURES
Here are the bonus features revealed by film and by disc:

HALLOWEEN (1978) DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative, Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
  • Audio Commentary With Co-Writer/Director John Carpenter And Actress Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey, Editor Tommy Lee Wallace, And Actor Nick Castle
HALLOWEEN (1978) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative, Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
  • Audio Commentary With John Carpenter And Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Audio Commentary With Dean Cundey, Tommy Lee Wallace, And Nick Castle
  • “The Night She Came Home” Featurette
  • Halloween Unmasked 2000” Featurette
  • TV Version Additional Scenes
  • Trailers From Hell – Adam Rifkin On Halloween
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Radio Spots
  • NBC Broadcast TV Promo
  • NEW Newspaper Ad Still Gallery By Drive-In Asylum
  • Still Gallery
HALLOWEEN (1978) DISC THREE (BLU-RAY):

• Original Blu-ray Color Timing Presentation
  • Vintage Interview With Producer Moustapha Akkad
  • Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest” Featurette
  • Halloween – The Extended Cut In HD (TV Inserts Are In Standard Definition)
  • NEW The Broadcast Television Cut (In Standard Definition, 1.33:1)
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Original Filming Locations
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds Bus Tour From The Halloween Convention

HALLOWEEN II (1981) DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan From The Original Negative Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • NEW 2021 Dolby Atmos Track
  • Audio Commentary With Director Rick Rosenthal And Actor Leo Rossi
  • Audio Commentary With Stunt Coordinator Dick Warlock
HALLOWEEN II (1981) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • Audio Commentary With Rick Rosenthal And Leo Rossi
  • Audio Commentary With Dick Warlock
  • “The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making Of Halloween II” Featuring Rick Rosenthal, Dick Warlock, Composer Alan Howarth, Director Of Photography Dean Cundey, Actors Lance Guest And Leo Rossi, And More
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds Revisiting The Original Filming Locations
  • Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary With Rick Rosenthal
  • Alternate Ending With Optional Audio Commentary With Rick Rosenthal
  • Movie Stills Gallery
  • Posters And Lobby Cards Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Teaser Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • TV Promo
  • Radio Spots
HALLOWEEN II (1981) DISC THREE (DVD):

• Television Cut (In Standard Definition, 1:33:1)
  • Film Script (DVD-ROM)
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH (1982) DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Audio Commentary With Actor Tom Atkins
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH (1982) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative Approved By Cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • Audio Commentary With Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Audio Commentary With Tom Atkins
  • NEW “Tricks, Treats And Terror: The Masks Of Halloween III”– An Interview With Justin Mabry Of Trick Or Treat Studios
  • “Stand Alone: The Making Of Halloween III: Season Of The Witch” Featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Actors Tom Atkins And Stacey Nelkin, Stunt Coordinator Dick Warlock, Director Of Photography Dean Cundey, And More
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: Revisiting The Original Filming Locations With Host Sean Clark And Tommy Lee Wallace
  • “Make-up From Scratch” – An Interview With Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Burman
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • TV Promo
  • Radio Spots
  • Movie Stills Gallery
  • Posters and Lobby Cards Gallery
HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS (1988) DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• NEW 2021 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary With Actors Ellie Cornell And Danielle Harris
  • Audio Commentary With Director Dwight H. Little And Author Justin Beahm
HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS (1988) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• Audio Commentary With Ellie Cornell And Danielle Harris
  • Audio Commentary With Dwight H. Little And Justin Beahm
  • “The Making Of Halloween 4: The Final Cut”
  • “Back To Basics: The Making Of Halloween 4” – A Two-part Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Still Gallery
HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1989) DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• Audio Commentary With Actor Don Shanks And Author Justin Beahm
  • Audio Commentary With Director Dominique Othenin-Girard And Actors Danielle Harris And Jeffrey Landman
HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1989) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• Audio Commentary With Don Shanks And Justin Beahm
  • Audio Commentary With Dominique Othenin-Girard, Danielle Harris, And Jeffrey Landman
  • NEW Long-Lost Alternate Opening Sequence Featuring The Appearance Of Dr. Death
  • NEW Extra Snippets Of Gore Cut To Obtain An R-Rating
  • NEW “Of Darkness And Shadows – The Cinematography of Halloween 5”– An Interview With Cinematographer Robert Draper
  • “Inside Halloween 5
  • “Dead Man’s Party – The Making Of Halloween 5” – A Two-part Featurette
  • “On The Set: Behind-The-Scenes Footage”
  • Halloween 5 Original Promo
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spots
  • Still Gallery

These are now available to order on Zavvi UK which is great. I'm hoping we continue to get shout releases on there.. but the price £37.99 pffft. That's just mad. I'll wait for a drop.

Very interested to see if Zavvi UK actually deliver these to anyone. They're still up for preorder.

I wouldn't trust those listings, they listed the Criterion 4Ks too when they first went live & then pulled them (bar Mulholland Drive).

Very interested to see if Zavvi UK actually deliver these to anyone. They're still up for preorder.

I wouldn't trust those listings, they listed the Criterion 4Ks too when they first went live & then pulled them (bar Mulholland Drive).
I thought that too.

Never saw a Scream Factory title on Zavvi before..