Mondo Halloween II (1981) - OST (John Carpenter/Alan Howarth) (Tri-Color Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: Mondo (Pre order will be live on Wednesday September 18th at noon CT time)
Price: $32.00
Notes: Tri-Color Vinyl (Orange/Blue/Red is a Mondo Website Exclusive)

1--Halloween2_cropped_1024x1024.jpg

Retail Variant Orange Vinyl

2--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
HALLOWEEN BUNDLE: HALLOWEEN 4, HALLOWEEN 5 + FREE SLIPCASE

In addition to the records themselves, we have produced a slipcase featuring artwork by Mike Saputo that ALL FIVE releases will sit in. It's absolutely stunning! The slipcase will ship free to anyone who buys the HALLOWEEN 4 and 5 bundle. $60

Halloween_Boxset_1_1024x1024.jpg

UPCOMING HALLOWEEN RELEASES

The rest of our HALLOWEEN schedule looks like this:

HALLOWEEN III: THE SEASON OF THE WITCH - Music by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth. Original artwork and design by Alan Hynes (Available this August)

HALLOWEEN II - Music by John Carpenter in association with Alan Howarth. Original Artwork by Paul Mann (Available this September)

HALLOWEEN - Music by John Carpenter. Original Artwork by Mike Saputo (Available this October)

DEATH WALTZ RECORDING CO.
HALLOWEEN II - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP. Artwork by Paul Mann. Webstore Exclusive pressed on 180 Gram Red, Orange and Blue vinyl. Also available on 180 Gram Orange vinyl. Expected to Ship in September 2018. $32

Death Waltz Recording Co., is proud to present the return of one of horror's scariest boogeymen - as well as one of the genre's most iconic themes - with John Carpenter and Alan Howarth's score to HALLOWEEN II. Set directly after the events of the first film, Rick Rosenthal's sequel sets itself up as the slasher equivalent of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, making a family connection between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers while getting some good kills in at the same time. Carpenter and Howarth's score is beefier and more intense than before, using layers of electronics to drive the audience to madness.

As before, Myers aka “The Shape” is propelled by that theme, souped up with a new and more powerful arrangement from Carpenter and Howarth. HALLOWEEN II is more overtly synth - and is perhaps less focused - than the original score, although that certainly means it's nastier and more schizophrenic. The score also brings back the evocative "Laurie's Theme," incorporating into a score full of harrowing musical effect; its synthesized howls and wails pierce your ears, so that by the time 'Mr. Sandman' comes around, you'll feel just like the final girl - delirious at having survived the aural ordeal. And that's just when "The Shape" wakes up.

NOTE: Due to demand, to ensure everyone is able to complete their HALLOWEEN 1-5 vinyl collection, we will open up HALLOWEEN 2 up for pre-order if the initial pressing sells out.

1--Halloween2_cropped_1024x1024.jpg

8--Halloween2_cropped_1024x1024.jpg

Halloween_2_FC_SPINE_1024x1024.jpg Halloween_2_BC_1024x1024.jpg

Mondo Webstore exclusive Variant pressed on Tri-Color Vinyl (Orange/Blue/Red)

1--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

8--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

H2_Gate_1024x1024.jpg

4--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

Retail Variant Orange Vinyl
2--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

7--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

3--Halloween2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Really don’t like the art on this. Was expecting better from mondo. Tbh the only decent art imo is on Halloween 4 and the box art. Also the art for the new film is pretty decent on the variants

Hoping the reveal of the original wows me. Hopefully mondo have saved the best till last

Looking forward to what Mondo will be providing for Halloween 1978 Vinyl

From what I seen mentioned so far it's a new remaster

I expect Mondo exclusive variant for Halloween 1978 to sell out fast

There will be at least 2 variants possibly more

Halloween 2 1981 Vinyl from Mondo going by the track listing is missing the song Mr Sandman

It's not a big issue for me as I have the original vinyl soundtrack released in 1981 and that has Mr Sandman track.

Really don’t like the art on this. Was expecting better from mondo. Tbh the only decent art imo is on Halloween 4 and the box art. Also the art for the new film is pretty decent on the variants

Hoping the reveal of the original wows me. Hopefully mondo have saved the best till last

I agree. I think 4 and the slip were easily the best so far. I'm not a big fan of this art, but the completist in me won out.... I'm weak.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I agree. I think 4 and the slip were easily the best so far. I'm not a big fan of this art, but the completist in me won out.... I'm weak.

Understandable. Been a victim of that many times

Tri-Color Vinyl Variant is Sold Out
Mondo also no longer have stock of the orange retail variant

You can still order the retail orange variant from usual UK/US retailers
Zavvi/Amazon/The Sound of Vinyl/Transmission Records etc and other US vinyl retailers