Halloween Special NINJA Interview (GeekCap)

Had the chance to watch it again which I had intended to so I could properly comment on it all to everyone.

I love that we all have similar tastes and not necessarily for the same question. Love that

@jaws finatic I love your passion for Frankenstein. I need to watch the de Niro one again. See it when I was younger with my dad and not seen it since so that’s back on the cards. Let me in is an awesome shout too. I love both the original and US version. I think the US version is slightly better but yeah great choice.

@kaw , already mentioned we both said the invitation but also great shouts with scream (Ken too), cabin in the woods, a quiet place and happy death day. Loved those films and the scream series.

Also, I need to say, I love your hair. Your my new man crush haha
@bloodsnake007 , honestly you just make me die. The willy wonker comment is brilliant. Like Ken chucking in the stay puff marshmallow man and I just had to say the wolf in neverending story. Little bit of a change up from the norm and I love that non horror stuff can scare us as kids. So crazy what stains our brains!

I think I said it before on here but I never had a bath after watching ghostbusters 2 for about 10 years because of the slime scene trying to grab the baby. Just couldn’t do it. Your Mexican comment too for taking your time made me crack up lol.

@Wreck . Love your choices especially the thing. Love the Texas chainsaw massacre and leather face answers. And I agree I’m the same with the remake. I love the original and the way it’s so messy and rough, it just adds to the horror. And the way he squeals freaks me out but I do really rate the remake. That statue in the background is incredible mate. Looks huge!

And also it’s so true that some soundtracks become more iconic than the film itself. Nice shout with hereditary too, love that film and the editing is so potent. Have you seen midsommar yet?

Also I’ve never heard of stake land, I’ll have to check it out.

@tridon and again love all your choices. I’ve taken so many recommendations off you over the years and I thank you so much for that. Some have instantly become favourites. Not sure if I ever asked you but have you seen creep? It’s one I mention in the underrated question. I think you might like it.

Also you gave troll hunter such an amazing shoutout I’m about to wack it on. You know I love it anyway but you got me in the mood haha. Love your version you put together. That yellow case is amazing. I have the U.K. version with the lenti slip which also has that survival guide but mine also came with 4 troll cards that you could use on a AR app. I remember having the app years ago but I’ll see if it’s still around tomorrow.

I forgot to mention earlier too that dig at the final girl question made me laugh. That was me everyone. Hadn’t heard the term before lol.
My answer is also Ripley the same as you and @kaw
My honourable mentions would be Sidney Prescott and Laurie strode FYI

I’ve not heard of starry eyes so I’ll try and check that one out too.

And I’ll add my final list of films I watched over the last week to the horror chat tomorrow afternoon. Need to update that now. Think i did 32 in the end!!!

I’m honestly really sorry to hear about quiver mate. Really am. I know it’s been massively stressful and time consuming for you and it’s been a while since I heard you speak about it and also why I haven’t asked in a while because I know how hard it has been. And I know it’s hard to talk about. It’s such a shame to hear what’s happened and thanks for the update on it and whats happened since. You didn’t need to do that and you can see it’s hard to talk about so thank you and I (personally) appreciate that.

Never see that poster before though. That’s so cool guys, did a banging job with that. (Actually I think I might of seen that poster! Ignore me).

But keep that mind of yours ticking and do what you’ve got to do and from one friend to another I wish you all the luck in the world in the future with whatever screenplays you write and ideas that you develop. Getting your confidence knocked is tough and I hope you bounce back from that in full effect.

Honestly, again thanks for getting us involved and to @Snollygoster for the video, such a great job. Found the little visual jokes you made toward me so funny. (Mike Myers and the goonies) lol

I was thiking the Goonies part may have been a misunderstanding no? Did you say Goonies as I thought you said Ghoulies and then he put goonies. @Flloydo

Reactions: Flloydo
the intro was great ...everbooodddyyyy, rock your boooddyyyy :D

The Thing is also my favorite. i still love this film today as much as i did when i first saw it many years ago. I also like all other movies (minus The Babadook) you all mentioned.

I was thiking the Goonies part may have been a misunderstanding no? Did you say Goonies as I thought you said Ghoulies and then he put goonies. @Flloydo

Oh possibly. I just found it funny. But yeah I did say Ghoulies. Goonies was also terrifying as a kid and would of seen that very early so it works too I suppose haha

• Haha
Reactions: tridon
Just to echo what @Flloydo said,
@tridon keep putting that great mind to use, and don't let anything knock you down!
EXACTLY!!! :woot:

tenor.gif

Reactions: tridon
Just want to pop in to say thank you to everyone who collaborated on this fun little project and for @Snollygoster for editing together one hell of a video! Trust me, The GeekCap is nowhere near as good until Jake puts his magic touch on it.

Should we do a Christmas/holiday special this year? :naughty:

@tridon and again love all your choices. I’ve taken so many recommendations off you over the years and I thank you so much for that. Some have instantly become favourites. Not sure if I ever asked you but have you seen creep? It’s one I mention in the underrated question. I think you might like it.

Also you gave troll hunter such an amazing shoutout I’m about to wack it on. You know I love it anyway but you got me in the mood haha. Love your version you put together. That yellow case is amazing. I have the U.K. version with the lenti slip which also has that survival guide but mine also came with 4 troll cards that you could use on a AR app. I remember having the app years ago but I’ll see if it’s still around tomorrow.

I forgot to mention earlier too that dig at the final girl question made me laugh. That was me everyone. Hadn’t heard the term before lol.
My answer is also Ripley the same as you and @kaw
My honourable mentions would be Sidney Prescott and Laurie strode FYI

I’ve not heard of starry eyes so I’ll try and check that one out too.

And I’ll add my final list of films I watched over the last week to the horror chat tomorrow afternoon. Need to update that now. Think i did 32 in the end!!!

Honestly, again thanks for getting us involved and to @Snollygoster for the video, such a great job. Found the little visual jokes you made toward me so funny. (Mike Myers and the goonies) lol

Hey, man! Yup, I've seen both Creep movies and absolutely loved them (I actually preferred the second over the first). Happy that I can always throw recommendations your way that, by the sounds of it, always hits the spot. Like I've said, it amazes me how much our taste in film is practically identical.

Glad you like my Frankensteined Trollhunter edition. There's never been a premium edition for that film, so I had to put together something special. I absolutely love that flick!

This was fun, though. Really happy that you were able to join in!

I’m honestly really sorry to hear about quiver mate. Really am. I know it’s been massively stressful and time consuming for you and it’s been a while since I heard you speak about it and also why I haven’t asked in a while because I know how hard it has been. And I know it’s hard to talk about. It’s such a shame to hear what’s happened and thanks for the update on it and whats happened since. You didn’t need to do that and you can see it’s hard to talk about so thank you and I (personally) appreciate that.

Never see that poster before though. That’s so cool guys, did a banging job with that. (Actually I think I might of seen that poster! Ignore me).

But keep that mind of yours ticking and do what you’ve got to do and from one friend to another I wish you all the luck in the world in the future with whatever screenplays you write and ideas that you develop. Getting your confidence knocked is tough and I hope you bounce back from that in full effect.

Just to echo what @Flloydo said,
@tridon keep putting that great mind to use, and don't let anything knock you down!
EXACTLY!!! :woot:

tenor.gif

Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate it.

Even though I'm not the one holding up the project, I feel like I've genuinely let a lot of people down... which obviously wasn't what I wanted. I've been quiet about things for over a year now, hoping that things would change for the better, so I felt there was no better time than now to address the film. It wasn't easy to do and it certainly wasn't easy to do without showing any disappointment/frustration/anger, but I think I did alright.

For eight years, my creativity felt crushed and destroyed from Quiver's post-production experience. I honestly haven't written a full-length screenplay since then, but over the past couple years, I've been starting up again by writing some short screenplays.

So, here's the good news: I'm collaborating with Quiver's cinematographer, Josh Fitzgerald, and we should have a project to announce within the next year. I also have a full-length screenplay in the works with my brother James. For those that don't know, my brother is a graphic designer in Toronto and he has a fair amount of connections... and there's a big-name director that wants to look at the screenplay and possibly produce it when it's done, but I'm not going to name names. Just cross your fingers for me. :)

Just want to pop in to say thank you to everyone who collaborated on this fun little project and for @Snollygoster for editing together one hell of a video! Trust me, The GeekCap is nowhere near as good until Jake puts his magic touch on it.

Should we do a Christmas/holiday special this year? :naughty:

Hey, man! Yup, I've seen both Creep movies and absolutely loved them (I actually preferred the second over the first). Happy that I can always throw recommendations your way that, by the sounds of it, always hits the spot. Like I've said, it amazes me how much our taste in film is practically identical.

Glad you like my Frankensteined Trollhunter edition. There's never been a premium edition for that film, so I had to put together something special. I absolutely love that flick!

This was fun, though. Really happy that you were able to join in!

Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate it.

Even though I'm not the one holding up the project, I feel like I've genuinely let a lot of people down... which obviously wasn't what I wanted. I've been quiet about things for over a year now, hoping that things would change for the better, so I felt there was no better time than now to address the film. It wasn't easy to do and it certainly wasn't easy to do without showing any disappointment/frustration/anger, but I think I did alright.

For eight years, my creativity felt crushed and destroyed from Quiver's post-production experience. I honestly haven't written a full-length screenplay since then, but over the past couple years, I've been starting up again by writing some short screenplays.

So, here's the good news: I'm collaborating with Quiver's cinematographer, Josh Fitzgerald, and we should have a project to announce within the next year. I also have a full-length screenplay in the works with my brother James. For those that don't know, my brother is a graphic designer in Toronto and he has a fair amount of connections... and there's a big-name director that wants to look at the screenplay and possibly produce it when it's done, but I'm not going to name names. Just cross your fingers for me. :)

Oh I actually mean the British film that came out in 2004. It’s a little creature feature set in the London Underground. It’s actually a pretty decent film. There’s one particular scene that’s quite freaky and disturbing. It’s one of Sean Harris first films

FDAD5963-F2DF-4CF4-8DFC-8B3544B064FF.jpeg

Oh I’d love a Premium for troll hunter. Watched it again the other night and it’s just so good.

Well that’s great to hear that you have other stuff in the pipeline and get to work with your brother. That’s really cool and glad to hear your back on it with that. Fingers crossed mate and looking forward to hearing more in the future

And I’d defo be interested in doing this again for whatever theme (Christmas etc)

Last edited: