Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: EUR 19.99

813xNWFbTWL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the gunmetal, but I do think the original color palette is more striking. As far as the finish, it looks like it's lightly glossy witnout any 'bossing. A bit hard to tell from the pics. That art is crying out for 'bossing of some sort. Capelight has put out some great steels for smaller titles. Hopefully this one continues that trend.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
I dont mind this at all. Yes, black would've been better. But this is good on it's own. Plus clean front and back. Past Capelight steelbooks have been good, so I think this may look better in hand. Now i just have to watch the movie to see if i want to own it.

English subs, too, if I'm reading the zoomed-in J-card correctly :thumbs: Always glad to have that option.

Used to play various FPS a lot a few years back; a blind buy but must have this :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Well that looks very different to the mock up! Was hoping it would be black!
Was sure there would be some kind of embossing also or a special finish. Looks quite basic.

That, coupled with the fact this German version is NOT supposed to be English friendly with subtitles, means I might be cancelling this. Not sure.......

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I dont mind this at all. Yes, black would've been better. But this is good on it's own. Plus clean front and back. Past Capelight steelbooks have been good, so I think this may look better in hand. Now i just have to watch the movie to see if i want to own it.
Agreed... black or blue, this still looks great IMO. Nice clean design with consistent artwork on both back and front... it's a winner in my book! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Was sure there would be some kind of embossing also or a special finish. Looks quite basic.

That, coupled with the fact this German version is NOT supposed to be English friendly with subtitles, means I might be cancelling this. Not sure.......

I cant read the j card in the pic but I hope it has English speaking and subs.

Blue image is growing on me now (but would of looked miles better as black)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I cant read the j card in the pic but I hope it has English speaking and subs.

English subs, too, if I'm reading the zoomed-in J-card correctly :thumbs: Always glad to have that option.

I had another go at the J-card photo and I'm 99% sure that the specification is UNTERTITEL: Deutsch, Englisch. Actually, I'm 100% sure of Englisch; Deutsch gets a bit mushy, but I can't see that the first subtitle language would be anything else but German.
By "English friendly" do you mean the case where English subtitles would be displayed only for the foreign language dialogue as opposed to always-on English subtitles?

Can't think of another existing Capelight release with mostly English dialogue plus some foreign dialogue to make an educated guess if the English subtitles would only be displayed for the foreign dialogue. I'm assuming always-on, but could be wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Ricker
I had another go at the J-card photo and I'm 99% sure that the specification is UNTERTITEL: Deutsch, Englisch. Actually, I'm 100% sure of Englisch; Deutsch gets a bit mushy, but I can't see that the first subtitle language would be anything else but German.

By "English friendly" do you mean the case where English subtitles would be displayed only for the foreign language dialogue as opposed to always-on English subtitles?

Can't think of another existing Capelight release with mostly English dialogue plus some foreign dialogue to make an educated guess if the English subtitles would only be displayed for the foreign dialogue. I'm assuming always-on, but could be wrong.

Cool, I also noticed in the Video it has English with audio and subs to

Cheers for the vid @paulboland

Reactions: paulboland
i just watched this, i really liked it...i regret not seeing during it release course but when i saw the trailer i didn't like it, i decided to watch it because of the steelbook lol

This film is nuts!!! :OMG:

For anyone wondering, this disc is completely English friendly.

English Dolby Atmos and English subs automatically come on screen for Russian speaking parts when watched in English. :thumbs:

I can confirm it, bought and watched it today. Great movie and the steelbook looks great too. If you can get it for a good price, do yourselves a favor.......

Info for our friends in North America. In another forum, a user said:

Picked this up when I visited Germany a few weeks ago, and finally got around to it. It's region free. No problem on Region A Sony player.
For english, select "Einstellungen", then "Englisch Dolby Atmos" and "Untertitel ausschalten".

The last part means what @BluSteel2012 had already described:
English audio, no German subtitles, but English subtitles for the parts where Russian is being spoken.

I live in Germany, so I cannot confirm that it will be region A friendly, but why should this guy lie?