Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: February 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE | Media Markt
Price: €16.99 (MM)

Heat-(Steel-Edition)-[Blu-ray].png

Last edited:
I assume those 2 are exact same tho right @virkia ? I just ordered DE one like last week. Special features in english?

As I only have the U.K. release I can't vouch for the German and the French releases but I'd imagine that everything is the same across all three . . . as well as all being region free and all being the 4K re-master.
I'd guess the spoken language is English with French and German subs for the territories in question . . . people who've bought the other editions can confirm or deny this.

"Extras on these three Heat: Director's Definitive Edition Blu-ray editions are . . .
Split over two discs, this new release boasts all of the extras previously found on the last Heat Blu-ray release - the hour-long 3-part Making-of Documentary; the 10 minute Featurette into the unforgettable meeting between De Niro and Pacino; the 12 minute Return to the Scene of the Crime Featurette which looks at the locations and cinematography; and the 10 minutes of Deleted Scenes, as well as the Director's Audio Commentary - pushing them all (but for the Commentary) onto a second disc, presumably to accommodate the more space-consuming 4K-mastered restoration.
All the extras on the last release as well as 95 minutes of Filmmaker Panels
In addition to these, this new release sports a Filmmaker Panels from both the 2016 Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. The latter runs at a little over half an hour and is a good start, with a smaller cadre of key players, but the 2016 effort is clearly superior, running at an hour in length and boasting almost the entire cast and key members of the crew including Mann, his cinematographer, editor, producers and sound mixer, as well as actors Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer, Diane Venora and Mykelti Williamson. There's also a nice little 'white artwork' Steelbook release available which, of course, is far from white, but still shows off some rather nice artwork which may well be, for some, superior to the original classic blue Heat poster art steelbook.

Q & A picked up in September 2016
5 documentaries
- "Real Crime", the real policeman portrait and criminals that inspired the film
- "Crime Stories", the story of the script and how the film got the green light
- "In furnace ", filming, training cast, key scene the location of the robbery in the city center, and post-production
-" Pacino and de Niro: conversation, "analyze the mythical confrontation scene
-" Return on crime scene ", revisit the true locations of scenes in LA a few years later
11 cut scenes

New 4K master supervised by Michael Mann"

One of the photos above shows the back of the German edition with the information card.
I notice it shows the "ABC" region logo but a little to the left of that logo is a box that shows just the "B" logo with some writing.

Unfortunately the image is too small to read the wording and I know it's in german as well.

Is anybody familiar with what the information in this box is and why it shows a lone "B"?

Please help! I'm in Canada and I ordered a copy of this and we use region "A" here.

Thank you.

One of the photos above shows the back of the German edition with the information card.
I notice it shows the "ABC" region logo but a little to the left of that logo is a box that shows just the "B" logo with some writing.

Unfortunately the image is too small to read the wording and I know it's in german as well.

Is anybody familiar with what the information in this box is and why it shows a lone "B"?

Please help! I'm in Canada and I ordered a copy of this and we use region "A" here.

Thank you.

Basically it's saying that it's only playable on players which were sold in Germany and has the B Logo on the packaging or in the manual.

Reactions: Stygian
Basically it's saying that it's only playable on players which were sold in Germany and has the B Logo on the packaging or in the manual.
Thank you for your reply.

But doesn't the ABC logo usually indicate that it is region free?

Or is this different for German releases?

Thank you.

That is odd, having two sets of ratings logos on there. Maybe, and I really hope I'm wrong, the B region logo is just for the bonus disc. The movie disc clearly shows it's region free and since it's a Warner Bros release, I don't know why they would lock the bonus disc since all their releases are region free to begin with.

That is odd, having two sets of ratings logos on there. Maybe, and I really hope I'm wrong, the B region logo is just for the bonus disc. The movie disc clearly shows it's region free and since it's a Warner Bros release, I don't know why they would lock the bonus disc since all their releases are region free to begin with.
It's a FOX release.

Image.jpg
Image (2).jpg
OK I received my copy today. Here is what it says in the box with the "B" symbol in German:

"diese discs sind nur in blu-ray playern abspielbar, die fur den Gebrauch in Deutschland produziert wurden und dieses Symbol auf dem Gerat, der Bedienungsanleitung oder der Verpackung enthalte"

Translated in English it says:

These discs are only playable in blu-ray players, which were produced for use in Germany and contain this symbol on the device, the instruction manual or the packaging.

Both discs have the ABC logo on them and I have tested them and they both play in a Region A player.

:happy:

Last edited:
Surprised to see such a fuss being made about the Region B box, this is printed on a lot of Fox releases over here, however most of them are region-free. This is just a legal thing, the important logo is the ABC one (and only that one).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stygian
Surprised to see such a fuss being made about the Region B box, this is printed on a lot of Fox releases over here, however most of them are region-free. This is just a legal thing, the important logo is the ABC one (and only that one).

A lot of interested buyers want to be sure it plays on their system. It is a costly purchase and there is nothing more annoying that putting the disc into your player and it doesn't read it. As some say, don't be sure, be 100% sure. :thumbs:

A lot of interested buyers want to be sure it plays on their system. It is a costly purchase and there is nothing more annoying that putting the disc into your player and it doesn't read it. As some say, don't be sure, be 100% sure. :thumbs:
Yep, just wanted to say that this box is printed on very many Fox steelbook releases (also for future references), so it's nothing new. :thumbs:

Reactions: denizen