Note: Includes exclusive slipcase with 4 art cards

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 22.34.01.png

12091648-9364681332791943.jpg
12091648-7654681332863154.jpg
12091648-8284664979673800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cyan harvest
Or..... for £39.99 from zavvi :rofl::rofl:

When they have the exact same steelbook with 4K and a slip and art cards for £29.99

Mind blown

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
Pretty sure this exclusive with the slip and cards was always £29.99

So, I suppose this mild disappointment was inevitable after the actual film itself...:LOL:
The slip is wafer thin and has the j-card info printed on the reverse. Not even as thick as the "thin" slips they did for The Warriors and In Bruges, which they managed to avoid printing on the back of.
Steel is nice though with HB glossed on. Art cards are good as well but even with 4K this is not a £30 well spent unless you really like the film (and I'm not sure I can admit that publicly yet...)

So, I suppose this mild disappointment was inevitable after the actual film itself...:LOL:
The slip is wafer thin and has the j-card info printed on the reverse. Not even as thick as the "thin" slips they did for The Warriors and In Bruges, which they managed to avoid printing on the back of.
Steel is nice though with HB glossed on. Art cards are good as well but even with 4K this is not a £30 well spent unless you really like the film (and I'm not sure I can admit that publicly yet...)

In Bruges UK steelbook did not have a slipcase

Are you getting mixed up in regards to the new In Bruges Rigid Slipcase limited edition Blu-ray amaray release from Second Sight that's been released on Monday August 19th or the older Universal Blu-ray Amaray Slipcover HMV exclusive release from 2013

Ah, I think I remember In Bruges originally being listed as having a slip, then it got cancelled or something? Just found my slip-free steel now so probably :LOL:
Hope the John Wick 3 slip is better though...

Well it looks nice enough, and at least zavvi haven't stuck a £10 premium on top of the usual steelbook only price, unlike John Wick 3, and now that we have this Hellboy slipcover, we now know what the quality of JW3's slipcover will be like as they are both Lionsgate releases.

Wow that slip is disappointing, no finish what so ever. Steel is actually decent though and would pick this up on a fat ole price drop

Well it looks nice enough, and at least zavvi haven't stuck a £10 premium on top of the usual steelbook only price, unlike John Wick 3, and now that we have this Hellboy slipcover, we now know what the quality of JW3's slipcover will be like as they are both Lionsgate releases.

Good point. Downer

Reactions: djjez83
I'm surprised this slip doesn't have the ratings logos on the front.

The John Wick one does seem to have them, on the mock up anyway......

Great looking classy steelbook by the man himself but disappointed not spotted his signature anywhere on the piece and if signature present will probably look like this ...
1566091082868.png

... so if anyone has received this steelbook maybe they'll be good enough to inspect for same and advise accordingly ...

Slip looks splendid too if a tad busy but the two together are not exactly a match made in heaven - just like the majority of slip / steel combos. I get that people complain when the slip art is exactly the same as the steel art (like most of those Zavvi slip / steel combos from the tale end of 2016) but the lack of symbiosis between the two is painful here.

Great looking classy steelbook by the man himself but disappointed not spotted his signature anywhere on the piece and if signature present will probably look like this ...
View attachment 443043
... so if anyone has received this steelbook maybe they'll be good enough to inspect for same and advise accordingly ...

Slip looks splendid too if a tad busy but the two together are not exactly a match made in heaven - just like the majority of slip / steel combos. I get that people complain when the slip art is exactly the same as the steel art (like most of those Zavvi slip / steel combos from the tale end of 2016) but the lack of symbiosis between the two is painful here.

Pretty sure his signature is on hellboys jacket below his left hand. And it’s in the mock up too

The slipcover for this Zavvi Exclusive is awesome as is the art cards inside... got mine days ago and did a review Unboxing for it... if you guys want a closer look here’s the link: thanks for watching guys