Hellraiser (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from Midday BST on Wednesday 6th September 2017.)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 in UK and Region Free

HELLRAISER_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!! What is happening? Steelbook news are on a roll this week. Another horror classic i wished to get a steelbook release. Artwork is nice, would be awesome if glossy but we rarely get any glossy steelbooks. I don't want to complain, awesome news for me :]

This has grown on me a lot in the last few hours, I feel like it fits really well with how mysterious the Cenobites are in the first movie, definitely needs a decent finish to make it pop though.

Not a fan of the title placement on the spine, seems too far down thank's to 'Clive Barker's' being in a smaller font.

11541143-1694512593823705.jpg 11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Limited Edition SteelBook featuring brand new Mondo artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin
  • Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with writer-director Clive Barker
  • Audio commentary with Barker and actress Ashley Laurence
  • Leviathan: The Story of Hellraiser – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellraiser, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellraiser – actor Sean Chapman talks candidly about playing the character of Frank Cotton in Barker’s original
  • Soundtrack Hell: The Story of the Abandoned Coil Score – Coil member Stephen Thrower on the Hellraiser score that almost was
  • Hellraiser: Resurrection – vintage featurette including interviews with Clive Barker, actors Doug Bradley and Ashley Laurence, special make-up effects artist Bob Keen and others
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser
  • Original EPK featuring on-set interviews with cast and crew
  • Draft Screenplays [BD-ROM content]
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • Image Gallery
  • New artwork by Mondo artist Matt Ryan Tobin

That spine is killing me

Take away the directors name and center the title

I think if the chains part of the artwork was in view on the front and it had 'Hellraiser' in deep red debossed into the front too it would look ok, but as is it just looks like Prometheus to me.

I fear this will be another one of those classic series where only the first one will get a Steelbook release leaving us hanging without the others. I don't know about you guys but I like my collection to match, so if I have a film in a trilogy in one style I like them all the match in a uniform aesthetic.

The recent mummy trilogy steels handled it really well, they look fantastic together.

It still amazes me they've never released the Nightmare on elm street films in steel form with each featuring the classic movie one sheet artwork, I mean, surely collectors would leap at those?!

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I already have the Lakeshore Records Hellrasier 30th Anniversary Red Vinyl on pre order

I will also try to order the Mondo Exclusive: Lament Configuration vinyl (Gold and Brown swirl) on October 6th limited to 2,000

I will also 100% be getting this steelbook

Is any UK members going to The Prince Charles London screening on September 25th
They will be selling The Mondo Vinyl Screening Edition: Pressed on clear vinyl with black smoke and gold color in color effect available exclusively at The Prince Charles London screening limited to 500 copies price is £30.00

I would like one of Mondo Screening Edition Vinyl if a UK member can get me one
PM me if that possible please

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
View attachment 331172 View attachment 331173 View attachment 331174 View attachment 331175

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Limited Edition SteelBook featuring brand new Mondo artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin
  • Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with writer-director Clive Barker
  • Audio commentary with Barker and actress Ashley Laurence
  • Leviathan: The Story of Hellraiser – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellraiser, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellraiser – actor Sean Chapman talks candidly about playing the character of Frank Cotton in Barker’s original
  • Soundtrack Hell: The Story of the Abandoned Coil Score – Coil member Stephen Thrower on the Hellraiser score that almost was
  • Hellraiser: Resurrection – vintage featurette including interviews with Clive Barker, actors Doug Bradley and Ashley Laurence, special make-up effects artist Bob Keen and others
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser
  • Original EPK featuring on-set interviews with cast and crew
  • Draft Screenplays [BD-ROM content]
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • Image Gallery
  • New artwork by Mondo artist Matt Ryan Tobin

So they can tell us all that, but can't tell us the finish on the steelbook? LOL!

I´m definitely in as I don´t have this masterpiece on steelbook yet. But I would prefer a classic poster on front with some good finish. This one is not bad either, although It would be much better in full gloss but I have some doubts about that :whistle:

Arrow Video have just informed me the Steelbook will also be getting a USA release details to be provided when known

UK Zavvi exclusive

USA release details be announced soon

Region coding

UK Region B
USA Region A

Pauls employed by them so he should know the finish

A wild guess would be matte though. Just a wild guess