Hellraiser (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from Midday BST on Wednesday 6th September 2017.)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 in UK and Region Free

HELLRAISER_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pauls employed by them so he should know the finish

A wild guess would be matte though. Just a wild guess
When did that happen :LOL: I have not been told about this :rofl: and I thought I was a security officer for the past 16 years

I not had any payslips from arrow :p :rofl:

Reactions: Flloydo
Well. it was only a matter of time for this Arrow's 4th release of the film while it's been in their care.

Despite the artwork by a well-known artist I find myself feeling very lackluster about it and it could be the first Arrow steelbook artwork that I don't like. Getting more a fan art vibe than professional artist too . . .
With this colouring I can't see it being anything other than dull - hopefully not so much as those AGENT CARTER steelbooks though - and IMO the artwork is not up there with any of the previous glorious and sometimes OTT Arrow releases . . .
Even BATTLE ROYALE - one of the plainer Arrow releases - was saved by its title treatment and surrounding crown thingy which will not be something said about this upcoming HELLRAISER release.
upload_2017-9-1_12-48-3.png

To be fair, though, checked artwork available for this film and there's not a lot out there any better for the steelbook - in other words, this is as good or as bad as anything else out there (IMO). . . so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea for a new take on the occasion of the film's 30th Anniversary.

What's gone before here in the U.K.
Started in Oct. 2015 with the Scarlet Box --------------------- followed by the basic no-frills trilogy in Jan. 2016 --------------------- standalone release in Jul. 2017 ------------------ ending with the steelbook in Oct. 2017 just in time for Halloween.
123640_large.jpg
--------------------------------------------
143726_large.jpg
-----------------------------------
135763_large.jpg
-----------------------------
upload_2017-9-1_12-16-10.png

Before Arrow and the 2K restoration there was this from May 2009:-
4118_large.jpg

When did that happen :LOL: I have not been told about this :rofl: and I thought I was a security officer for the past 16 years

I not had any payslips from arrow :p :rofl:

You've been their employee of the month for the past 4 years, if they ain't paying you then you need to get on the blower

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Arrow Video Facebook
Tickets are now on sale for the HELLRAISER 30th anniversary screening at The Prince Charles Cinema!

35mm PRESENTATIONS | HELLRAISER on 35mm • 30th Anniversary • presented by Mondo & Arrow Video
35mm presentation • exclusive poster with every ticket!

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=3639423

Mondo, in conjunction Arrow Video, is thrilled to host a 30th anniversary screening of one of the greatest horror movies of the '80s, Clive Barker's HELLRAISER, back where the nightmare originally began. The Prince Charles Cinema hosted the first-ever public screening of HELLRAISER 30 years ago, so it's only fitting that they come to The PCC for a special one-off screening of the film on 35mm direct from Arrow Video’s vault.

To add to the excitement of Mondo’s very first London screening event, they will be bringing an exclusive variant of their forthcoming soundtrack reissue of HELLRAISER (a full two weeks ahead of the actual release date), and all tickets will include an exclusive screen-printed poster by artist Matt Ryan Tobin. Let us tear your soul apart for one night only.

Well. it was only a matter of time for this Arrow's 4th release of the film while it's been in their care.

Despite the artwork by a well-known artist I find myself feeling very lackluster about it and it could be the first Arrow steelbook artwork that I don't like. Getting more a fan art vibe than professional artist too . . .
With this colouring I can't see it being anything other than dull - hopefully not so much as those AGENT CARTER steelbooks though - and IMO the artwork is not up there with any of the previous glorious and sometimes OTT Arrow releases . . .
Even BATTLE ROYALE - one of the plainer Arrow releases - was saved by its title treatment and surrounding crown thingy which will not be something said about this upcoming HELLRAISER release.
View attachment 331252
To be fair, though, checked artwork available for this film and there's not a lot out there any better for the steelbook - in other words, this is as good or as bad as anything else out there (IMO). . . so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea for a new take on the occasion of the film's 30th Anniversary.

What's gone before here in the U.K.
Started in Oct. 2015 with the Scarlet Box --------------------- followed by the basic no-frills trilogy in Jan. 2016 --------------------- standalone release in Jul. 2017 ------------------ ending with the steelbook in Oct. 2017 just in time for Halloween.
123640_large.jpg
--------------------------------------------
143726_large.jpg
-----------------------------------
135763_large.jpg
----------------------------- View attachment 331250
Before Arrow and the 2K restoration there was this from May 2009:-
4118_large.jpg
There's a bazillion Hellraiser artworks out there!
Anything else would have been better.
"Sad Pinhead" is not a great choice. (It doesn't even look like Doug Bradley)
I'd rather even just have the Lament Configuration as the cover over this.
IMG_1682.JPG

Yeah, i like this too! I think it captures some of pinheads main traits - dark, broody, pensive. I like that it's titleless and kind of minimalistic, too. It could well be one of those steelbook designs that slowly grows on you, and you end up loving it, after hating it for so long.
On another note, i can't help but think ( after this announcement and the previous "Society" and "Bride of Reanimator" steelbook announcements) that a "Donnie Darko" steelbook is, surely, to come at some point.

@zavvi
Is it possible for Zavvi to sell either the Mondo Exclusive 30th Anniversary Soundtrack on Vinyl or the Lakeshore Records 30th Anniversary soundtrack on Vinyl
It would sell well both of them and especially if you can get hold of one of the Mondo editions

Mondo 30th Anniversary Soundtrack on Vinyl

Hellraiser_soundtrack.jpg

Lakeshore Records 30th Anniversary soundtrack on Vinyl

318920-892437ade6fb13857ccb3bb79e49e9f6.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
@zavvi
Is it possible for Zavvi to sell either the Mondo Exclusive 30th Anniversary Soundtrack on Vinyl or the Lakeshore Records 30th Anniversary soundtrack on Vinyl
It would sell well both of them and especially if you can get hold of one of the Mondo editions

Mondo 30th Anniversary Soundtrack on Vinyl

View attachment 331887

Lakeshore Records 30th Anniversary soundtrack on Vinyl

View attachment 331888

If they reply to you then they can't ignore blusteel2012. So you probably won't get a reply :LOL: