Release date: January 2nd, 2015
Price: €29.99 (Amazon), €46,99 (cede)
Purchase links:
Amazon.de
CeDe.de

81vQxsvd91L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluprint and MK50
Is this going to have 3D on the cover as it looks the exact same as the Canadian one?

Also, when I last checked this at 5am this morning wasn't it €27.99 or am I going crazy?? Looks like they've upped the price.

EU Paramount titles don't usually have 3D plastered all over the steelbook (it's a WB feature :D)

Last edited:
Tath's why I said EU releases, since this one is european ;)
Latest Paramount 3D movies in Europe didn't have 3d logo on steelbook (World war z, Into darkness, Noah, etc.)

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Phew, just managed to cancel this. Completely forgot about it and it's far too expensive plus not too bothered about the film. Maybe purchase on a price drop

I have this on order also and was wondering wether to hold onto it or not?

But I've noticed that the German counterparts of most recent UK Steelbooks (eg: Godzilla 3D, Edge Of Tomorrow, Pacific Rim etc...) have all sold out from amazon.de before a price drop and are only available from third party sellers now at inflated prices. It seems the German editions always manage to sell well either way. And this particular title is superior to the UK version!!

TBH, I opted for the ES UK Edition and there is a lot of blood/gore in it. They are almost identical steelbooks in the pictures. I've not seen both together so can't comment that one is more superior to the other. German censors tend to put up their Certifications, so I'm thinking that there is not that much more blood/guts in it! I loved the film.... definitely has that re-watch value.... great for Saturday night viewing and the 3d works really well in this movie. It really enhances it.

Someone posted a comparison article (probably in the ES release thread) and ALL the blood was removed from the UK version if I can remember correctly??

Someone posted a comparison article (probably in the ES release thread) and ALL the blood was removed from the UK version if I can remember correctly??

I take it this is the article you are referring to. It gives a detailed scene by scene comparison of the differences between the Theatrical and Extended Cuts, together with images depicting those differences.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=655808

Although the comparison is based on the North American disc (US & Canada), it should be equally applicable to the other international editions of this title, apart from the UK which never got the Extended Cut, only a sanitised version of the Theatrical Cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012