Release date: January 2nd, 2015
Price: €29.99 (Amazon), €46,99 (cede)
Purchase links:
Amazon.de
CeDe.de

81vQxsvd91L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluprint and MK50
I take it this is the article you are referring to. It gives a detailed scene by scene comparison of the differences between the Theatrical and Extended Cuts, together with images depicting those differences.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=655808

Although the comparison is based on the North American disc (US & Canada), it should be equally applicable to the other international editions of this title, apart from the UK which never got the Extended Cut, only a sanitised version of the Theatrical Cut.
Is the extended /uncut version available anywhere in 3D?

Yes, that's the one. I'm wondering if the UK one had those blood scenes indeed removed and will the German release leave them in?

I've checked various German sites for reviews and comments. The German release is so new, however, that I've yet to find one that compares the two cuts of the movie.

What I have been able to establish is that both versions on the German release are described as 'uncut', albeit that the Theatrical Cut is identical to that shown in German cinemas, so uncut in that context means no cuts to that particular version. It is also apparently identical to the US Theatrical Cut contained on both the US and Canadian releases.

The Extended Cut is also described as uncut but here in the context that it is the full unexpurgated version, apparently identical to the Extended Cut contained on both the US and Canadian releases.

The timings of the two versions, respectively 98 & 101 mins, are also identical to those on the North American releases.

The final clue is the FSK rating for this release. When "Hercules" was released in German cinemas it was given an FSK 12 rating. The new Extended Cut has been given an FSK 16 rating which indicates that the gore and violence has not been cut or digitally altered.

At the moment that's the best I can do. Hopefully, some of the German and Austrian members here may be able to provide updates once they've received their copies.

I've checked various German sites for reviews and comments. The German release is so new, however, that I've yet to find one that compares the two cuts of the movie.

What I have been able to establish is that both versions on the German release are described as 'uncut', albeit that the Theatrical Cut is identical to that shown in German cinemas, so uncut in that context means no cuts to that particular version. It is also apparently identical to the US Theatrical Cut contained on both the US and Canadian releases.

The Extended Cut is also described as uncut but here in the context that it is the full unexpurgated version, apparently identical to the Extended Cut contained on both the US and Canadian releases.

The timings of the two versions, respectively 98 & 101 mins, are also identical to those on the North American releases.

The final clue is the FSK rating for this release. When "Hercules" was released in German cinemas it was given an FSK 12 rating. The new Extended Cut has been given an FSK 16 rating which indicates that the gore and violence has not been cut or digitally altered.

At the moment that's the best I can do. Hopefully, some of the German and Austrian members here may be able to provide updates once they've received their copies.
And just to reiterate this only applies to the 2D version in Germany or does it apply for the 3D German version as well. Sorry for asking again but I need to be sure which 3d version to order. Thanks.

Reactions: augustus
And just to reiterate this only applies to the 2D version in Germany or does it apply for the 3D German version as well. Sorry for asking again but I need to be sure which 3d version to order. Thanks.

The German Steelbook contains three Blu-ray discs (Region ABC).

Disc 1: Blu-ray 3D Theatrical Cut 98 mins (FSK 12).

Disc 2: Blu-ray 2D Theatrical Cut 98 mins (FSK 12) & Extended Cut 101 mins (FSK 16) plus Extras.

Disc 3: Blu-ray 2D Bonus.

The Theatrical Cut (2D & 3D) on the German release (FSK 12) is apparently identical to that on the North American releases (US PG 13 & Canada 14A).

The Extended Cut (2D only) on the German release (FSK 16) is apparently identical to that on the North American releases (US Unrated & Canada 14A).

There are as yet, no 3D versions available of the Extended Cut.

The bonus Blu-ray disc is also available with the French Steelbook being released on the 14th January. The French release appears identical to the German one. It is, however, a FNAC exclusive.

Watched this last night. And just to clarify (for anyone who's interested) both the 3D and 2D theatrical cuts of the movie have the gore scenes trimmed. You can only see it on the extended cut.

You will notice it when you see the bird rip the eye from the head on the stake at the first battle as this was one of the trimmed bits.