Hi-Def Ninja Suckerpunch Comic Con Steelbook Give Away! (Concluded)

Why do you collect Steelbooks ?

• Collector's Item

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Investment

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Love Steelbook™ brand

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Best Media Packaging

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Total voters

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
In case anyone missed out on the last SuckerPunch Comic Con Steelbook give away, we're giving it away again :scat:

How do you become eligible to win this awesome steelbook? Simply answer the following question

'Why do you collect Steelbooks™?'

In order to be eligible, you must also post your answer in this thread.

Have fun everyone, and good luck!

:ninja:

Last edited:
I've always appreciated the collectability of box sets, special releases, and gift sets. People who engage in this hobby obviously love film, and they appreciate unique packaging as well. Steelbooks make a splash, announcing to visitors that my love for film goes beyond that of the actual movie.

But collecting steelbooks also reminds me that Hollywood sometimes does right by its fans. They do respect on some level what consumers want, by creating an alternate, and therefore more desirable, product that gives us the complete experience of film, oftentimes growing beyond the disc it was intended to protect.

In short, steelbooks make a statement.

i love the feel and weight of steelbooks. they are well made, and the artwork tends to be better than the amaray.
its also nice to get one with embossing/debossing, and preferrably with inside artwork.

so my box was the bets media packaging, but i could have clicked all 4 i guess.
its nice when one appreciates in value, and its also nice having something a bit special and harder to find to impress my friends.

I don't remember if I answer in the post already but I collect steelbooks because it's a collectors item for me. It's a nice feeling when you open your mailbox and unwrap a package with a steelbook and you look at it and you just imagine yourself in a field of flowers running towards a steelbook that awaits with open arms... That's a great feeling:drool:

I have to say the artwork and the quality of the packaging that first attracted me to steelbooks. Once you're hooked all you are left with is an empty wallet..

I just like the feel of steelbook and the artwork that reflects on the metal. Cover art on paper will never be that special!

Dont know but i quite love how they look so different and polished and sophisticated. Much better than the normal releases, look posher and better in the collection and differentiates you from the crowd.

they just ooze class & put the cheap and nasty plastic amray's in their place they even add a touch of class to crappy movies the spirit being a good example, rubbish movie beautiful artwork.

I love many movies and have them in a
sometimes now
unique case made them an item irresitible to have, nothing compares to have them on hand :) :)