Hi-Def Ninja Suckerpunch Comic Con Steelbook Give Away! (Concluded)

Why do you collect Steelbooks ?

• Collector's Item

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Investment

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Love Steelbook™ brand

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Best Media Packaging

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Total voters

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
In case anyone missed out on the last SuckerPunch Comic Con Steelbook give away, we're giving it away again :scat:

How do you become eligible to win this awesome steelbook? Simply answer the following question

'Why do you collect Steelbooks™?'

In order to be eligible, you must also post your answer in this thread.

Have fun everyone, and good luck!

:ninja:

Last edited:
I love movies and that's what I originally set out collecting, but have started to notice two and three copies of the same film in my collection. Explanation - some metal is just too nice to pass up. :)

i think its the hole package. first of all i love watching movies... so i want to collect the good ones. and some steelbooks are simply looking very great.

I'm collector , rarely for investment because don't have economic funds , many year ago I buy 2 of all item i want , good time oohhhh

I love the steel book construction cover. I still do not unsderstand why the interest is low in the States. I went to Blockbuster and spoke with a sales person about his movie collection compared to mine. During our conversation, I asked him about steel books movies, he replied " Steel Book movies " , what are they. I just love to collect .

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I agree

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I agree with your comment, I just received a Wolfman steel book with the silver cane on the front. nice.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

how is the movie Sucker Punch, can you rate from 1-10. I havent seen the movie

I like to give the films I love the most an 'upgrade'-Steelbook (TM) has the best quality and design, imo. I also will pay more attention to scarce Steelbooks, but not if the film is crap, generally, and not for resale (that can be hit or miss, and I personally just don't have time to stockpile and speculate). Thanks for the chance to provide more feedback! :scat:

Sucker Punch! I actually liked the movie.

Anyway, I was drawn it by the artwork. UK gets crappy logos and then had blue banners among other things. I think it was either the Inception steel released in Germany or the Disney Steels that made me go "that's something!". But, unfortunately Disney screwed the line up with changing designs and such, as well as their actual product now, so oh well.

It's also nice to have something more valuable, less common, better designed for a movie that you like.

I collect steelbooks because they typically have unique artwork that you can't get any other way. The first one that I ever saw was the Inception steel from FYE. from that point on, I was hooked.

i remember buying the Spawn (HBO Cartoon Series) steelbook a long time ago and telling myself wow this is the coolest packaging i have ever seen. ever since then i've been a fan!

I have to be honest and say that I'm a Collector. The "brand" is nice but there are other metal packaging. As a Collector then if I like I'll buy twice, one to keep sealed and one to open.

I accidentally got into it by buying the departed on DVD and it was in a steelbook. I was hooked! I, like surf am a collector and have a redicilous amount of blu rays and DVDs. 1300+