Hidefninja's Personal Food Videos/Pictures

When you can't decide between curry and sweet and sour.
image.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Naw, I bought in some mom and pop store in a little rinky dink town I was passing through.
@AcIDc0r3 Sometimes those are hidden gems! :thumbs: A couple years back on a trip to California, Alyssa and I stopped at this Gas station/market and they had the BEST breakfast burritos with this kick ass roasted green chile sauce! :drool: Wish I remembered the exact location or name of the place :(... But trust me, I've had fun trying to make something similar. Speaking of which, last week I made some! :hungry:

It was fu**ing DELICIOUS! :woot:
20170103_154657.jpg 20170103_155316.jpg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
@AcIDc0r3 Sometimes those are hidden gems! :thumbs: A couple years back on a trip to California, Alyssa and I stopped at this Gas station/market and they had the BEST breakfast burritos with this kick ass roasted green chile sauce! :drool: Wish I remembered the exact location or name of the place :(... But trust me, I've had fun trying to make something similar. Speaking of which, last week I made some! :hungry:

It was fu**ing DELICIOUS! :woot:
View attachment 285581 View attachment 285582
Are those round ones grilled poblano peppers? Those jalapenos look tasty. :hungry:

So, people complain about non-steelbook related threads such as the informative COVID-19 thread which got terminated recently and yet a thread about gluttony is OK ...

I made some homemade *HOT* salsa yesterday and I have 4 more large jars just like this one. This stuff tastes awesome!
20200425_124135676_iOS.jpg

• Fresh Roma tomatoes – use the nice and red ones, avoid anything soft.
  • Canned tomatoes – I like to use canned in addition to fresh because it gives the salsa a better consistency.
  • Fresh cilantro – cilantro adds key flavor, don’t omit this!
  • Jalapeno – this adds a nice kick. If you don’t like heat you can replace it with 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, or omit.
  • Red onion – yellow onion can be used here as well.
  • Green onion – if you don’t want to buy both kinds of onions you can omit the green onions and add just a little more red onion.
  • Garlic – it may seem small but garlic packs a flavorful punch. Only use fresh garlic here for best flavor.
  • Lime – this really brightens up the salsa.
  • Chili powder and cumin – I don’t always add these but they’re a nice addition if you have them on hand.
  • Sugar – just a touch balances out the acidity of the tomatoes and lime.
  • Salt and pepper – the salsa would taste flat without the salt and the pepper adds a light kick

Reactions: tha_lunatic