Hocus Pocus (25th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Monday 20 August @ around midday UK time)
Price: £18.99

11853574-1164603526528493.jpg

11853574-1404603526381844.jpg
11853574-1844603526654928.jpg
11853574-1804603526730285.jpg

Last edited:
This is the first time Hocus Pocus has got a Blu-ray release in the UK

Previous Blu-ray releases was imports

There is 3 Blu-ray releases happening in the UK

Blu-ray Steelbook
£18.99
11853574-1404603526381844.jpg

Blu-ray Limited Edition Slipcover with booklet
£12.99

11853573-7224603526084541.jpg

Standard Blu-ray
£12.99
11853572-2364603525958895.jpg

Note I'm not 100% on if steelbook will actually will have the 40 page booklet even though Zavvi website have it listed in description

Reactions: robbodoc
This is the first time Hocus Pocus has got a Blu-ray release in the UK

Previous Blu-ray releases was imports

There is 3 Blu-ray releases happening in the UK

Blu-ray Steelbook
£18.99
View attachment 389330

Blu-ray Limited Edition Slipcover with booklet
£12.99

View attachment 389328

Standard Blu-ray
£12.99
View attachment 389329

Note I'm not 100% on if steelbook will actually will have the 40 page booklet even though Zavvi website have it listed in description

It would be nice...too many steelbooks are released these days without any nice goodies included. I don't see why they don't just have a slip cover steelbook edition.

Really like the Best Buy version so much better, but if that doesn’t have the extra content, i’d rather upgrade my ameray to this.

But it’s SO lazy artwork compared to the gorgeous and complimentary BB version

For a minute there i thought Zavvi was about to enter the Premium game when i saw the Slipcover but then realized its not for the steelbook...
RE: SLIPCASES: you may remember that they, along with Zoom, were selling a bunch of steelbooks with slipcases not too long ago including four TRANSFORMERS, THE WARRIORS, FERRIS BUELLER, TOP GUN, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, QUADROPHENIA,, THE BIRDS, THE MUMMY, DRACULA, BARBARELLA, CHINATOWN, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN ...

RE THIS STEELBOOK: absolutely perfect design for a classic old school Disney steelbook.

The "Zavvi slips" obviously not in the same league as those supplied by the premium retailers - many of which look like works-of-art in their own right.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and berns
RE: SLIPCASES: you may remember that they, along with Zoom, were selling a bunch of steelbooks with slipcases not too long ago including four TRANSFORMERS, THE WARRIORS, FERRIS BUELLER, TOP GUN, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, QUADROPHENIA,, THE BIRDS, THE MUMMY, DRACULA, BARBARELLA, CHINATOWN, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN ...

Actually i dont think i even knew that but then again i dont pay that much attention when it comes to Zavvi since they stopped shipping to Portugal for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia
But you do know it's on the rear of the steelbook?

Yeah but its different on the rear of the steelbook, I prefer the look of it on the front of the slip with the purple & the town underneath.
I've already ordered the Best Buy steelbook & was pining for the Target exclusive slip so I'm stoked to see it get a release here.

Really like the Best Buy version so much better, but if that doesn’t have the extra content, i’d rather upgrade my ameray to this.

But it’s SO lazy artwork compared to the gorgeous and complimentary BB version

Pretty sure Best Buy has the extras. Why was it said no to?

Not only that but having opened both that one and the new amaray release I was actually surprised that the disc art of the steelbook has imagery, disc art etc. where as the amaray is simply blue disc. Would have thought they would have same discs. But makes the US steel all the more prettier. :drool:

Reactions: tanokike and yeslek
Pretty sure Best Buy has the extras. Why was it said no to?

Not only that but having opened both that one and the new amaray release I was actually surprised that the disc art of the steelbook has imagery, disc art etc. where as the amaray is simply blue disc. Would have thought they would have same discs. But makes the US steel all the more prettier. :drool:
I’ve not heard anything to say the extras are missing but how many times has the US and UK movie content differed? Am just being extra careful and this time it may have bit me in the ass.....held off jumping on the Best Buy GB when I heard rumblings of a UK steel, it alas it wasn’t to match.
So now a, scrambling with crossed fingers toes eyes etc that Apsmith can obtain enough for those in the GB already, as well as me.

eBay already have listings at double the price for UK buyers :(

It’s one of those rare steels that isn’t just artwork plastered on....its thought and creative effort(such as we got with a few MCU movies ie Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1 or Ant Man, to lesser success of course)

I’ve not heard anything to say the extras are missing but how many times has the US and UK movie content differed? Am just being extra careful and this time it may have bit me in the ass.....held off jumping on the Best Buy GB when I heard rumblings of a UK steel, it alas it wasn’t to match.
So now a, scrambling with crossed fingers toes eyes etc that Apsmith can obtain enough for those in the GB already, as well as me.

eBay already have listings at double the price for UK buyers :(

It’s one of those rare steels that isn’t just artwork plastered on....its thought and creative effort(such as we got with a few MCU movies ie Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1 or Ant Man, to lesser success of course)
Yeah I talked with Scanavo in regards to how much the fans really liked the Jumanji steel for those same reasons. It was no surprise to me that the Hocus Pocus would have the same effort. At meetings they show things like proof of concept, etc. and show samples etc to really show off what limits can be pushed. the NA team is a very smart bunch, so if NA steels don't look amazing it's not cause of a lack of effort on their part. Its usually cost cutting etc where need be for studios.

Checked the discs again last night. Both US amaray and US steelbook have Anniversary Edition discs inside. Just steel having the picture disc.

• Informative
Reactions: misformatt