Home Brew Gear

Do you two take pics under water? If you do, I'd like to see some. I'm assuming your going in MO, any reefs or cool fish?

I told you once, I read a whole thing once about diving in MO ... pretty interesting read. You can dive through old mine shafts and stuff. crazy coo

Do you two take pics under water? If you do, I'd like to see some. I'm assuming your going in MO, any reefs or cool fish?

I told you once, I read a whole thing once about diving in MO ... pretty interesting read. You can dive through old mine shafts and stuff. crazy coo

We haven't made it to anything that cool yet. This is going to be the final dives for our Open Water certification. We will be in a quarry that apparently has some stuff in the water. The one we want to go to is Mermet Springs in IL. They bought the 727 from the movie US Marshals, and it is now at the bottom of that quarry.

Gotta kick my home brew back into gear this fall - when the hops come in again.

Got some Cascade and Willamette hops that are doing well this year. :naughty:

You betcha, it is delicious too! It finished up between 9 and 9.5% alcohol as well. I've been drinking a few for the last couple weeks. I want to make sure and save some for a while but its going to be hard EEK!

Reviving an old thread....

Are there any good home brew kits on Amazon or anything that would be good to start with? Or what stuff do I need and approximately how much would it costs to get everything myself? Just bought a new house, so now that I'm able to, I wanted give this stuff a try....

Howdy again Mexi, and grats on the house!

I would go to northernbrewer.com if you want to go the online route. They have generally the best price you're going to find by way of comparison with brick and mortar stores. They have all information you need to get started.

Awesome! Thanks man! Just ordered a catalog. Been hinting at the wife about wanting to do this for a bit so hopefully when that comes she'll surprise me and order a kit lol

Awesome! Thanks man! Just ordered a catalog. Been hinting at the wife about wanting to do this for a bit so hopefully when that comes she'll surprise me and order a kit lol

Just keep in mind that once you start, home brewing is addicting. It's a lot of fun and if you are a gear head like I am, you'll want every piece of equipment you can get, which can get expensive. DIY gear is a great way to fix that. It's cheaper and you know your gear inside and out literally. I did the DIY work on the keg, which is now where I do my boil, I DIY'ed a cooler for my mash tun (all grain process), and I'm working on a DIY stir plate using a project box from Radio Shack, an old computer fan and a couple of hard drive magnets. :scat:

Also, let us know if you have any questions or want a few recipes.

Sooooooo....... I got a brew kit for Christmas!!! You guys got any tips/suggestions? I asked a friend and just got the advice to make sure everything is cleaned/sterilized, but that was literally it. No what/how yo clean or anything lol. Off the top of my head, I got some tubing stuff in the kit, big white bucket and a big 5 gallon glass container. Other small parts to it, but I didn't take everything out yet lol

I would recommend you get a book called "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" By Charlie papazian.

It's a very relaxing way to work your way into brewing :cheers:

Congrats on the kit! Brewing is therapy for me :)