Hook (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: October 12th 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday 6pm UK time)
Price: £12.99

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very creative! Surprised to see it's currently £13 too... but will it stay that way?

It's the same release as the one sold on amazon.it.
And the one on amazon was half the price.

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B0142IVFRW/?tag=hidefnin0f-21

The only thing that's baffling my brain is the release date, which is 10 days from now. The one on amazon has a release date mid November. Really odd.
Don't worry, I won't be buying it at £13... it just surprised me that Zavvi aren't charging at least £16 for it (yet). :p

Reactions: javiermendoza
Are Sony Blu-rays generally region free? I'm not sure I'd want to pay that price for just the case itself.

The existing UK disc of this title is Region ABC (free). Here's an image of the rear of its case.

27977_back.jpg

In the absence of any announcement that the disc has been remastered, it will be the same disc that will be contained in the Steelbook.

• Informative
Reactions: halliwell
I have this on order with Amazon-Italy
Its sold out by the way on Amazon-Italy has been a few weeks now

The only think that the UK version will have over the Italy release will be Jcard in English

The Price on Zavvi is €17.79 Euro
My order with Amazon-Italy is €9.07 Euro

Big difference and only the Jcard being different

So you're telling me that they are going to launch the pre-order tomorrow (the 4th of October) for a 12th October release? What a crock of sh...!

I'm really against this, as most people will already have worked their budget out for the month! We do not need Zavvi dropping in random releases at such short notice as and when they feel like it! Especially seeing as how details of this release were leaked months ago... WTF are Zavvi playing at? It's almost as if someone forgot to put it live and they have only just realised their mistake. In fact, that's exactly what this is!

Credit to Zavvi for bringing in these 3 newly listed steelbooks at better pre-order prices than usual :thumbs:
(I realise that none of the three are 'live' yet to order but it's unlikely IMO that these prices will change when they are).

Didn't buy this when it was released at the same time as 'Jumanji' (though did buy that one) despite liking the slipcover and despite it being cheap as chips.

Will go for this steelbook instead.as a companion to my 'Jumanji' steelbook as the colouring does appear to be quite similar.

Kind of brings to mind the antique leather-bound book look of 'Dead Poets Society' - only better - with embossing to the studs and clasps, hopefully :)

Last edited:
I have this on order with Amazon-Italy
Its sold out by the way on Amazon-Italy has been a few weeks now

The only think that the UK version will have over the Italy release will be Jcard in English

The Price on Zavvi is €17.79 Euro
My order with Amazon-Italy is €9.07 Euro

Big difference and only the Jcard being different

People in UK market have much more money than people in Italian market, I guess :p

It's a rip-off on Zavvi's part. The English jcard is not worth almost the same amount as the steelbook itself.

Btw, my Hook on amazon.it was only €8.99 :hilarious:

Hook - Capitan Uncino (Steelbook) (Blu-Ray)
Dustin Hoffman
Venduto da: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
EUR 8,99

Reactions: JackRegan
Just checked the Italian version thread for this steelbook and noticed that one member has written that he paid approx. GBP 12.70 for it - including shipping - which as can be seen is hardly any different to the pricing of this U.K. edition (if this 'Out of stock' price remains and becomes the 'live' pre-order price of course).

Last edited:
Shipping cost with Amazon Italy is €5.00
€9.07 +€5.00= €14.07 = £10.39 UK GBP

The difference in price just 1 steelbook ordered and includes shipping costs
Europe Zavvi €17.79
Europe Amazon Italy €14.07
You save €3.72

UK Zavvi £12.99
UK Amazon Italy £10.39
Youy save £2.60

If you order more than 1 steelbook you save a lot more as shipping cost is still only €5.00 for all of your order

This is my order from Amazon-Italy
Screenshot (35).png

That works out as €10.47 for each steelbook with shipping cost included ordered from Amazon Italy

Zavvi works out as €17.79 Euro (£12.99 GBP) includes free shipping

If you are from the UK and ordered the same above 4 steelbooks that would work out as £30.96 GBP
£7.74 GBP each including shipping compared to paying £12.99
You save £5.25
With UK Vat only 20% the price would be even cheaper as My Vat charged was 23% as I'm in Rep of Ireland

The direct verbatim quote - apart from the money symbols - from the IHDN Italian thread for this steelbook is as follows:-
"How did you get it for GBP 9 or do you mean when it was Euro 8.99 ?
I got it for Euro 8.99 but with shipping works out at about GBP 12.70"
This was posted more than a month ago (on the 2nd September) so I'm naturally surprised that the information contained therein has not been questioned / corrected though it looks like a simple EURO/GBP mix-up.

Reactions: paulboland