House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £50.00 - £40.00
Notes: Includes 9 character artcards

75F2D72C-83B3-488E-A30A-B172D2203A99.jpeg

HotDsb2.PNG
HotDsb1.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Now listed as an Amazon Exclusive.

Includes 9 character artcards.

Set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series finds the Targaryens ruling over the Seven Kingdoms – and on the brink of a civil war within their own house. Prior to the birth of a son, King Viserys sent shockwaves through the kingdom and declared his daughter, Rhaenyra, his heir. Once a healthy boy entered the picture, plans were afoot to make sure she would never sit on the Iron Throne. Now, with schemes hatched on both sides – and the kingdom in the balance – viewers will see the house that dragons built and learn how they tore it all down.
Over 70 minutes of bonus content, including two featurettes exclusive to DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD
  • Welcome to Westeros
  • Returning to the Seven Kingdoms
  • A New Reign
  • Returning to Westeros
  • Before the Dance: An Illustrated History with George R.R. Martin
  • Height of an Empire
  • Noble Houses
  • Familiar Places
  • Introducing the Characters

I'd be relatively surprised if this were wholly an amazon excl steel. I'd expect there will be a variant without the slip and/or cards that will be available elsewhere for a fiver or so less.

Oh good. So people will be able to complain about the non glossed steelbook in the crushed corner slipbox from Amazon or from Zavvi if they get it because they expect high premium product for this "high premium" price.

Just skip it already and save us all from the rants.
I’d honestly rather complain each time that I’m disappointed about steelbook finishes for the price I’m paying than have to read through yours and Jinxys posts about anything else... :coffee:

yup, and then of course complain, demand a full refund, sell the "damaged" one as near mint with almost invisible flaws on ebay for RRP, reorder, repeat

the circle of zavvi.. and then people wonder why prices keep increasing
I honestly don’t understand why people share all that stuff publicly. Like in the Ex machina thread the other day.

Keep it to your f**king selves

Well I'm waiting for the magnetic seals edition(s) that represent the families, otherwise my GoT series will be lonely :naughty:
I can’t imagine there will be 2 lots of steels
(Unless you mean the collection of steels that came in the tin well after it finished)

Probably just this wave for each season and then a big collectors box like for GoT once it’s ended

And of course standard Blu ray releases and box sets each year

Love the show and happy enough with the Steelbook so got my order in. Stacked discs is my only worry although if it is just the 4 UHD discs and no blu-ray they may hopefully use the half sleeve design where one disc sits behind the other on its own clip

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Love the show and happy enough with the Steelbook so got my order in. Stacked discs is my only worry although if it is just the 4 UHD discs and no blu-ray they may hopefully use the half sleeve design where one disc sits behind the other on its own clip

I wonder what they will use for the U.S. steelbook. It includes the Blu-rays so 8 discs total.

Does this also come with a slip? I know it’s not mentioned and it’s probably the J card but the other image looks thicker like a slip

I’ve ended up sticking an order in and it can be a Christmas present from my dad.

The show was 10/10. It was as good as any thrones series in its peak. I f**king loved it. I wasn’t even going to bother at first because I’m still bitter about season 8 but I’m glad I did. Would of been a fool not to. AND I prefer this kind of art to the sh!tty GoT steels with the maps and magnets

I hope/ plan to do the same as GoT and collect a wave of steels and then the bad boy collectors edition once it’s all completed

Does this also come with a slip? I know it’s not mentioned and it’s probably the J card but the other image looks thicker like a slip

I’ve ended up sticking an order in and it can be a Christmas present from my dad.

The show was 10/10. It was as good as any thrones series in its peak. I f**king loved it. I wasn’t even going to bother at first because I’m still bitter about season 8 but I’m glad I did. Would of been a fool not to. AND I prefer this kind of art to the sh!tty GoT steels with the maps and magnets

I hope/ plan to do the same as GoT and collect a wave of steels and then the bad boy collectors edition once it’s all completed

Looks like it’s a rigid box like the collector’s editions we’ve been getting.

Reactions: Flloydo