How Many SteelBooks Do You Own? Post pics of collection / last acquired!

How Many Steelbooks Do You Own?

• 0-50

Votes: 229 12.0%
  • 50-100

Votes: 549 28.8%
  • 100-200

Votes: 419 22.0%
  • 200-300

Votes: 239 12.5%
  • 300-500

Votes: 163 8.6%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 134 7.0%
  • 1000-1500

Votes: 80 4.2%
  • 1500-2000

Votes: 48 2.5%
  • 2000+

Votes: 45 2.4%

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2009
England
This particular thread is to showcase new and recent additions to your collection and showcasing your entire collection.

In order to allow for smooth scrolling and loading, on multiple types of devices, we're asking our community to work with us to do the following:
1. Please try and resize your pictures prior to posting them as it helps the loading times for you and your fellow collectors.
2. You might want to consider posting your pics in the dedicated media section found HERE where you will be able to take advantage of the amount of filters, resizing, and other features if you use that interface.
3. Please use spoiler tags when posting more than one picture of the same steelbook.
4. If you receive more than one steelbook, please take a group shot, not a picture from every single steel.
5. If you receive more than a single copy of one steel, post pictures of a SINGLE copy please. If they are for a group buy, then those pictures should be posted in the group buy thread and NOT in this thread.
6. If you wish to show multiple steelbooks from different angles, please use spoiler tags.

Note:
This thread is for your last movie SteelBook. If it's another kind please use the proper thread below:
Last Viva Metal Box You Purchased?
Last Ironpack/MetalPak/Tin You Purchased?
Last Video game SteelBook Acquired?
Last Blu-ray Special Edition Purchased?

Attachments

• 20170421_140027.jpg
    20170421_140027.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 111,637
Last edited by a moderator:
They finally did it they broke me. I have 534 bluray steelbooks and additional 68 g1 dvd steelbooks as well as half a dozen video game steelbooks. I have been collecting since 2006 and g1 steelbooks. The saturation has finally broke me. It started with jigsaw this year, this was the first new release steelbook I had ever skipped. I always hated the saw movies and I just couldn't get myself to fork out $32 for this piece of trash. Then I started to skip a few of the animated steels like the death of superman. I was still buying most new releases but now I am begining to regret a few of those purchases like skyscraper and started looking back at films like why the heck did I ever buy the 50 shades of grey steels I have never watched them and probably never will but only bought them because they released them in steelbook. Then the purge movies hit, I mean movies I am ok with but $32.99 for the new release or $17.99 for the first two I opted on getting the first two and passed on the fourth new release. Although I had gone in with the intention of skipping them all and just buying some of the halloween movies that got a release but my best buy didn't carrying them. Then this Tuesday I skipped Mamma Mia another movie I would never watch. Then I started looking at movies coming out do I really need to pay $30 for the Kin a movie that truly sucked. I decided no I'd rather buy some catalog films I missed like Split or Get Out. This week instead of paying $30 for mamma mia I grabbed It, Salems Lot and the Shining.

Anyone else finally broken from the increased saturation of the market and the constant deluge of mediocre or bad films getting a steelbook. And on 4k none the less so not even at a reasonable $19.99 pricepoint.

They finally did it they broke me. I have 534 bluray steelbooks and additional 68 g1 dvd steelbooks as well as half a dozen video game steelbooks. I have been collecting since 2006 and g1 steelbooks. The saturation has finally broke me. It started with jigsaw this year, this was the first new release steelbook I had ever skipped. I always hated the saw movies and I just couldn't get myself to fork out $32 for this piece of trash. Then I started to skip a few of the animated steels like the death of superman. I was still buying most new releases but now I am begining to regret a few of those purchases like skyscraper and started looking back at films like why the heck did I ever buy the 50 shades of grey steels I have never watched them and probably never will but only bought them because they released them in steelbook. Then the purge movies hit, I mean movies I am ok with but $32.99 for the new release or $17.99 for the first two I opted on getting the first two and passed on the fourth new release. Although I had gone in with the intention of skipping them all and just buying some of the halloween movies that got a release but my best buy didn't carrying them. Then this Tuesday I skipped Mamma Mia another movie I would never watch. Then I started looking at movies coming out do I really need to pay $30 for the Kin a movie that truly sucked. I decided no I'd rather buy some catalog films I missed like Split or Get Out. This week instead of paying $30 for mamma mia I grabbed It, Salems Lot and the Shining.

Anyone else finally broken from the increased saturation of the market and the constant deluge of mediocre or bad films getting a steelbook. And on 4k none the less so not even at a reasonable $19.99 pricepoint.
I mean, to each its own what you collect and how you do it, but personally I could never just buy movies I had little to no interest in at all. I don’t collect solely steelbooks though, my focus is on collecting a library of movies that I like or have interest in, in different kinds of editions. If I can get the steelbook, great, but I often wait it out to see if I can pick it up on a offer after a couple of months. If not, then I’ll get it down the line, or get another edition or simply the amaray for cheap. I guess the point is to collect in a way that makes sense to you, and maybw not focus on getting it all? Get what you want to have, and pay a price you’re comfortable with. If you regularly buy something for a price you can’t justify and start to think about it, I’d imagine that makes the collecting more stress than fun.

I mean, to each its own what you collect and how you do it, but personally I could never just buy movies I had little to no interest in at all. I don’t collect solely steelbooks though, my focus is on collecting a library of movies that I like or have interest in, in different kinds of editions. If I can get the steelbook, great, but I often wait it out to see if I can pick it up on a offer after a couple of months. If not, then I’ll get it down the line, or get another edition or simply the amaray for cheap. I guess the point is to collect in a way that makes sense to you, and maybw not focus on getting it all? Get what you want to have, and pay a price you’re comfortable with. If you regularly buy something for a price you can’t justify and start to think about it, I’d imagine that makes the collecting more stress than fun.

If its a movie I just wanna watch I get the digital copy. I have gotten to the point the only physical media I buy anymore is steelbooks. When they did a better job I didn't mind it got me to see movies I probably would have never seen like A Quiet Place or Coco and they had a great selection of kids movies and movies I did want to own. But it seems scavano has lost its way and is now in the market of pushing any piece of trash movie in 4k that knows it the best way for them to sell copies for movies that would sell poorly otherwise. Its like they are taking advantage of their customer base some of us who have been loyal customers for more than a decade. I like when they release catalog titles like the Salems Lot and It and the Shining and the upcoming matrix and 2001. It allows me to own great films in my favorite format steelbook. I can almost forgive them for the horrific crappy art on catalog releases like carrie, childs play and that wave because the cost is only 9.99 perfect for a catalog release. I am just done with them putting so many mediocre and crappy films on 4k steelbook taking advantage of their user base. I'll still buy the good ones like the incredibles and mission impossible but I am done buying every crappy release they push at us.