Everywhere
Release date: February 3, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 14.12.18.png

m2229109_1.jpg

Last edited:
Secured a combo of these today, will go great with my Italy Steel I have on pre-order for #3. Would’ve been perfect with a title but these are amazing WWA steelbooks nonetheless and I’m a huge HTTYD fan so this is a win win in my books :joy:

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Still waiting for a number of these to be shipped, baffled how HTTYD 2 arrived but not all of the first one. :confused::rolleyes:

These will look amazing with the matching third one. Hope they gets released in Europe as well, even though they’re only $20 it’s so expensive to import from US with shipping so price will at least double.

This has been by far the worst steelbook release ever, due to the poorest QC I seen in years!

I literally have 9 Best Buys in my area and not one of them had a MINT copy! The QC on this and HTTYD 2 are the worst I ever seen... I saw all there beginning stock at these stores and they all had manufacture defects and these damges are not even caused by shipping for once.. All these issues are straight from Scanavos factory and they already asked me to help them send in photos to see the defects. This is unacceptable!

As Scanavo takes on more business from many retailers around the World their QC just keeps getting worse.. Even after I thought I found the best conditioned one, once I removed the Shrink wrap tons of surface scratches as well as some deep ones enough to remove paint seeing bare metal! Also 2 dents behind the J card. I usually can go to a couple Best Buys and get a Mint one, but this release is plagued with defects..

I gurantee if you look closely at your copy it definitely has defects and if you say for this release you have a Mint one I do not believe you... Thats how bad the QC is on this release and so far I bought over 30 copies and returned them all. You suck SCANAVO!

I attached Some pics below of different copies of the damage and have more pics, but think this will give you an idea how bad the factory is getting with QC... If you want me to explain how all the issues are from the factory and not from shipping I can, but if you trust my detective work: it is definitely factory defects!

PS: All the damages you see with the Shrink wrap slightly opened was Me opening the Shrink wrap a litle to verify the damage and to take a better pic.. All were fully Shrink wrapped and still had the factory damage. Also, the shipper box I opened with Best Buy employees so most these were not even handled by their employees yet.

2zoc0m0.jpg

nyu33r.jpg

1z5t9qd.jpg

2mmb72t.jpg

s6tzyw.jpg

douiz8.jpg

2qmdtep.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks more like a Best Buy problem than a Scanavo problem as Best buy man time shoves them down into the shelves that easily can scratch and rip the cellophane.

looks more like a Best Buy problem than a Scanavo problem as Best buy man time shoves them down into the shelves that easily can scratch and rip the cellophane.
Is torn cellophane really a QC issue?

I think @Alf_1 is indicating there were scratches underneath the shrink under all the copies he saw, and the torn shrink is because of him trying to verify if there were scratches or not.

Sorry to hear of all your troubles getting a good copy. :(

... and the insides (courtesy rejimi31):-
Wow ... these sure look nice!
Dz2JwHyUUAEpwqD.jpg:large

Dz2KW_LVAAE-96X.jpg:large

Dz2JwHwU0AA79nV.jpg:large

Dz2JwHxUUAANEQN.jpg:large

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dz2KW_IU0AAztzt.jpg:large

Dz2KW_MUwAESbo2.jpg:large

Reactions: Stygian