Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: How to Train Your Dragon LIVE
Price:
£14.99

dragon.jpg

back.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd absolutely love a cheaper alternative to the HDZeta steel - I literally NEED a steelbook of HTTYD, but $50 or so dollars for one steelbook is a /lot/, even to someone who wastes money with the enthusiasm I do. And besides, if this is around £14.99 (fingers crossed), I have more money to go towards my growing Criterion collection (and the nice packaging/features in my Wes Anderson criterions will more than make up for a maybe less desirable finish/no lenti or art cards on this B])

A resounding YES, I am interested in a UK steelbook for this :) (and one for the sequel too).

I'm contemplating joining the GB for the HDZeta version, because it looks great, but if I get the lenticular it means spending at least $75 / €54.40 / £44.50 (including the hub) whereas a UK version, even if it doesn't have a lenticular slipcover (I don't care for freaking cards - I mean, really?), would probably be around $30.35 / €22 / £18 (free shipping if it's from Zavvi). That's a huge difference.

It's too bad it's not official yet, because I don't want to back down from the GB if I commit to it :D. Resisting the HDZeta group buy and hoping this UK becomes official soon or caving in to the pricey GB, tough call :ohno:.

Last edited:
I'm very interested, awesome movie! But its all about the artwork, isnt it? :)
But it will probably be a 1-disc release like everything else, and that sucks...

this is great hopefully the start of more dreamworks steels. ive yet to see the film and Chinese version was to expensive for a blind buy, in my opinion, so i might pick this up if the price is great. im keeping fingers crossed for Shrek steels now.

As long as the artwork is (substantially) different from de HDZeta one, I'm in.

I have heard there going to be 2 different versions of this film. Really looking forward to it as this is a geat movie and a favourite of mine very excited...

Hm, the change to "possible" isn't really helping... I need to know if I have to spend enormous amounts on the HDzeta release tomorow or not...

:ohno:

Reactions: bevins2012
It'd depend on the artwork and treatment for me. Similar quality to the recent Mars Attacks steel with some unique artwork and I'd be in for sure.

Something closer to The Thing Red Line and it'd be an easy skip ;)

I'd definitely be up for this! Same goes for more Dreamworks films on steel too. :naughty: