How to Train Your Dragon Trilogy (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 17, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £79.99

HTTYD 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean to be fair my dude, it was more of a concern from the zavvi pics. The outer box does not look good in those and it would suck if it ends up being bad. I guess I will find out soon enough.
he cant have it in hand yet its not released till 20th sept.

wish people would not comment on a BS as if they do have it in hand

Mine arrived today. Honestly I am a little disappointed with it. The have a really weird finish on them. But the 3rd one actually has some imperfections in the steelbook. Little air bubbles.

I didn't really want to, but I had no choice but to cancel mine due to low funds. Sounds like I've dodged a bullet though by what @JinxyKatte said. What finish is is exactly... matte, gloss, bit of both? And is the slipbox flimsy or sturdy?

I didn't really want to, but I had no choice but to cancel mine due to low funds. Sounds like I've dodged a bullet though by what @JinxyKatte said. What finish is is exactly... matte, gloss, bit of both? And is the slipbox flimsy or sturdy?
Wasn't me but some poor sod had to put up with this :oops:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-144432_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-144432_Facebook.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 132
Surely that's happened in transit and some sneaky sod has switched it? Was there signs of tampering? Do Zavvi even sell Morrisons wipes lol?!

Reactions: Noodles
The slipbox is fine I guess. Like its pretty rigid. It is pretty tight however. I have a john wick 3 steel in a similar ish slip and inside it has a paper slightly raised line about 1cm up from the bottom. It is really really fine but has actually marked the steel. And it's not like I take it out a lot. I fear the same might happen to these. As for the finish, I don't know how to describe it. Perhaps this is the matt steelbook finish I have heard about but never seen. I always assumed a matt steelbook would be nice, like how you get matt paint on a car. Like if you look at it from an angle you can see vertical lines. They are otherwise very nice though. I don't think I regret getting it, although the tiny air bubbles on the 3rd one is odd, I might see if I can get a replacement sent out for that one.

• Informative
The slipbox is fine I guess. Like its pretty rigid. It is pretty tight however. I have a john wick 3 steel in a similar ish slip and inside it has a paper slightly raised line about 1cm up from the bottom. It is really really fine but has actually marked the steel. And it's not like I take it out a lot. I fear the same might happen to these. As for the finish, I don't know how to describe it. Perhaps this is the matt steelbook finish I have heard about but never seen. I always assumed a matt steelbook would be nice, like how you get matt paint on a car. Like if you look at it from an angle you can see vertical lines. They are otherwise very nice though. I don't think I regret getting it, although the tiny air bubbles on the 3rd one is odd, I might see if I can get a replacement sent out for that one.
Yeah, matte is weird when it comes to steels... it's typically very cheap and streaky (basically what you described) and therefore most collector's least favourite finish. I do love matte paint on a car though! Obviously it's not the cheap stuff in that case however.

Yeah, matte is weird when it comes to steels... it's typically very cheap and streaky (basically what you described) and therefore most collector's least favourite finish. I do love matte paint on a car though! Obviously it's not the cheap stuff in that case however.
Yes. Streaky is the word I was looking for, it has been a long effing week and I'm always tired atm lol.

I guess up until now I hadn't had any matt finish steels which is weird. I always wondered why they were so despised. I to be fair don't hate them, it's just they don't seem as nice as I was expecting them to be.

Guys serious disclaimer here. If you have this, take it out of the slip and don't put it back in. It can and will mark them, and badly too.

Hey @JinxyKatte, since you seem to be the first one here to have it, can’t you better share some pictures with us all, instead of trying to find all the “thousands words” to describe it?
Just saying, you know... :naughty:

Hey @JinxyKatte, since you seem to be the first one here to have it, can’t you better share some pictures with us all, instead of trying to find all the “thousands words” to describe it?
Just saying, you know... :naughty:
Am I allowed to post IG links here? I don't want to break any rules and don't want to come across as trying to advertise either cos I'm really not. But if you search IG for @jinxykattethemovies I just posted the photos of it.

Reactions: leeloo
Am I allowed to post IG links here? I don't want to break any rules and don't want to come across as trying to advertise either cos I'm really not. But if you search IG for @jinxykattethemovies I just posted the photos of it.
I’m not sure what IG stands for, but I don’t think anyone here will complain or ban you for posting links.
Also, I don’t think this will lead to breaking the rules, but sure, if any of the admins will see and don’t agree, will delete them and let you know about it.

BTW, if IG means Instagram, then I think is not a problem linking here.
Although I think “insta” or plain “instagram” would have been more clearer...
Or maybe i’m too old for this...:LOL::rofl:

BTW, if IG means Instagram, then I think is not a problem linking here.
Although I think “insta” or plain “instagram” would have been more clearer...
Or maybe i’m too old for this...:LOL::rofl:
Sorry yeah IG is instagram. And I'm 37, never too old my dude lol.