Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi description did not mention MCU

This Mystery Zavvi Exclusive Marvel SteelBook ZBOX contains an exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook
This live action film comes straight from the pages of Marvel Comics
However I did show upload a screen shot from a live chat with a zavvi agent who did confirm it was related to the mcu. However take that as you will.

Attachments

• 20190824_112742.jpg
    20190824_112742.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Did people not order it?
Django Unchained (Blu-ray Ultimate Collector's Edition)
It was a mystery purchase in HDN Premium Supporters Area.
It was a mystery edition people signed up to commission without knowing what they were going to receive all the way until receipt in the mail.
All quantities available was purchased without knowing what they was purchasing.

I agree they should reveal from the start but it's been done before not just with Zavvi

When reveal of what the steelbook is if it's a decent steelbook orders will increase
It's a marketing tool to generate interest but does not always work and be best to show from day one what is included

It's almost like a pre pre order then. Or for red carpets members, a pre pre pre order. Even if they do reveal the steelbook before release, you have to pay extra for the privilege of a ZBOX which I will never do. Zavvi the home of steelbooks with additional tat we can't sell on its own.

Wasn't it said that it's part of the MCU? Doesn't that mean Marvel Cinematic Universe? Wouldn't that rule out all TV shows?
When I think of the MCU I think of the 23 films starting from Iron Man. Am I wrong? I think it was already guessed that it will be Spider-Man Far From Home due to the release date of Nov. 11th or something like that which would make sense.

Oh yeah, I literally just woke up when I posted that. Wasn’t thinking

Spidey would be weird though. Already 2 for the U.K. but then it could be the German art. And it’s not even been released at all and their wording not yet released in the U.K. makes it sound like a older release. But yeah could be spidey because the wording could easily mean not yet released at all on home media lol

Reactions: Stygian
However I did show upload a screen shot from a live chat with a zavvi agent who did confirm it was related to the mcu. However take that as you will.

So that’s where I see the MCU info.

Hmm, with their CS it could be wrong. Who knows

I have pre ordered both DC and Marvel Mystery Zbox

When reveal of what the steelbooks are if I don't like what it is I will cancel

When Zavvi used to do this with the Disney ? Steelbooks it was fun to wait and see what I ordered :rofl:

Not 4K, that’s good news. So it’s not the current 4K wave. Happy about that

I reakon the guesses at a tv show could be right then (punisher or somthing)

I’ll wait for the reveal thanks Zavvi. I doubt it will be long. Someone on twitter already says they know the titles (DCEU also) so they will probably leak soon

It says live action FILM in the description..

When Zavvi used to do this with the Disney ? Steelbooks it was fun to wait and see what I ordered :rofl:
Me too, seemed best bet

Reactions: paulboland
pre orders for products with content that is unknown is BS. thats gambling. buying mystery boxes with random, unknown content is BS and gambling.

dont children buy this stuff? its BS since they bundle a lot of childish products (stickers, bobble head toys) in a box and then encourage gambling. it should be illegal. same with the loot box thing popularised in gaming.

Reactions: IamIroningMan

Yeah what if they don't reveal before release and you have to wait till you get it in hand

@paulboland it be quite a good if everyone started a guessing game on what it could be lol
That's the whole idea behind these mystery releases
Thread has 2K views already without knowing what you are ordering

Some will be happy what the steelbook is and some won't

The same happened with Iron Man and Captain America Zbox mystery releases lot of discussion as to what the steelbooks would be until reveal happened

Reactions: pioneer