Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
I'd forgotten all about this until it was mentioned. For a moment I had a fear we were going to be lumbered with Howard the Duck. That would go back quicker than the asteroid that hit earth 65 million years ago......

Does anyone think we'll find out what the title is before we're charged?

It's due out in just over a week so I imagine we'll be charged Wednesday at the latest. I really don't want to end up with Howard the Duck as I already own the German edition. With so few non-MCU Marvel movies left to release it's pretty slim pickings. In fact, all I can think of otherwise is...

Punisher: War Zone and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer for theatrical releases and the Reb Brown & Matt Salinger Captain America's, Peter Hooten Doctor Strange, Nick Fury and Man-Thing for TV movies (excluding pilot/reunion episodes for Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk).

I heard they outsource their CS to an external company, so they probably have no idea lol.

a lot of companies do but most companies that do that still have a escalation team of some kind at their at their own head office

I’ve worked for 2 contact centres where other companies outsource their CS. Big names too. Ones already been mentioned a few posts up lol

Reactions: lights
a lot of companies do but most companies that do that still have a escalation team of some kind at their at their own head office

I’ve worked for 2 contact centres where other companies outsource their CS. Big names too. Ones already been mentioned a few posts up lol

Mostly it just seems like an automated response, or they just pick a template to what vaguely matches the question or query.

Reactions: Flloydo
I did the exact same thing today. Together (DC + Marvel) it’s about $100 and if it ends up being steelbooks I really don’t want that’s more than a premium buy. Nope. I thought they would at least announce two weeks before.

I'm thinking this will either be Ant Man, Doctor strange or Guardians of galaxy, since US already has releases and zavvi will almost guarantee have near identical steelbooks at one point.

they’ve already had steelbooks in the U.K. by zavvi

Twice

Do we know for sure that this is definitely a Marvel related, but not an MCU related title that has never had a UK Blu-ray release?

Or is it a Marvel related but not MCU related title that has had a UK release already but not a steelbook, like Howard the Duck?

Only mcu releases on November 11th are Spider-Man Far From, MCU Phase 3 box set and Homecoming/Far From Home. So it must be an MCU movie that already has a blu Ray release cause there’s no way marvel would do a surprise release like this that only Zavvi can sell

Do we know for sure that this is definitely a Marvel related, but not an MCU related title that has never had a UK Blu-ray release?

Or is it a Marvel related but not MCU related title that has had a UK release already but not a steelbook, like Howard the Duck?

Could possibly be non MCU related. They don’t actually state MCU.
Only mcu releases on November 11th are Spider-Man Far From, MCU Phase 3 box set and Homecoming/Far From Home. So it must be an MCU movie that already has a blu Ray release cause there’s no way marvel would do a surprise release like this that only Zavvi can sell

I think I means it’s not had a Blu ray steelbook release. So whatever it is has most likely had a normal Blu ray release

I wonder if this will be rise of the silver surfer

it’s the only marvel film I can think of to not have a steelbook. That and Howard the duck but I really can’t see it being Howard