Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look like this fits the description as "Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook" but as it's the only Marvel on the release calendar for November 11, 2019 ...

.... and even though we've already had it twice w/ 3D
1572925436765.png
+
1572925468891.png
... I sincerely hope they're not bundling this one here
1572925542602.png
instead of standalone.

Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbour knows a guy who used to date someone that went to school with someone that is related to someone that works at Zavvi and they said it's the Spider-man 3D steelbook and what are the odds they would release two different Marvel Steelbooks for different films on the same day? Has it ever happened before? I'm team Howard the Duck FTW but everything points at it being Spider-man.
If you really want to know that badly then on Zavvi customer service tell them you know where they live or what school their kids go to..

• Haha
Reactions: Drum18
Doesn't look like this fits the description as "Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook" but as it's the only Marvel on the release calendar for November 11, 2019 ...
View attachment 453588

.... and even though we've already had it twice w/ 3D View attachment 453590 + View attachment 453591 ... I sincerely hope they're not bundling this one here View attachment 453592 instead of standalone.

The bundle is not a 4K release though. I think they will announce strange soon if the U.K. 4K release is out on the 11th.
Then guardians and ant man when they get the U.K. 4k release

Like many others, I've canceled mine.

It's still in stock, and I'm not risking £30 when I don't know what I'm buying. If it turns out to be Howard the Duck then money saved (I'm happy with my German edition), if it's Punisher: War Zone, Man-Thing, Rise of the Silver Surfer or any of the 70's or the 90's Captain America movies of the TV movie Doctor Strange then I'll reorder it.

Even more unlikely, but I'd like it to be any of the so far unreleased Netflix shows (Defenders onwards) or maybe The Inhumans or Cloak and Dagger.

It's region B so it's not Spiderman as that's a region free release same with all the MCU. Howard the duck and Silver Surfer are both region B but they would be a £15.99 release so you are paying double for some unwanted collectable merchandise they can't shift.

It says it's a live action film so it's not going to be a Marvel Netflix series like some are hoping.
Also It doesn't say it's a film that's never been released on a steelbook in the UK but a never before released steelbook in the UK so could be a re-release with new artwork..

It being limited to 2000 units and a Zavvi exclusive edges it towards a 101 label and Howard the Duck.

Last edited:
Has this shipped for anybody or is everybody waiting for others photos to see what it is before they rush to order one too? lol

I feel like it could be different for orders for the UK. I’m in the US, so this was a one way type of package. Hopefully someone in the UK kept the order and can spill the beans before zavvi does. not holding my breathe though.

I seriously thought they would of announced it a good week before release but I’m also not surprised

I’m sure someone in the world kept their order and will posted on here or social media soon. still really interested to see what it is.
Will either extremely surprise us or a just be a huge meh moment

Considering today is when Zavvi would post something for it to arrive on the 11th I’m 100% convinced they know exactly what it is but are still not saying what. Why? I’m guessing they know it sucks so are hoping to get more last minute orders in

I'm not sure why but I think zavvi will either end up cancelling it or moving the date or something. Same with the DC one.

What would be the point of a mystery box if they announced what was in it before people received it?

Because they have done it before where they have announced the steelbook a few weeks before. Don’t think anyone’s worried about the other contents. We know that will be rubbish

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Because they have done it before where they have announced the steelbook a few weeks before. Don’t think anyone’s worried about the other contents. We know that will be rubbish

Ah OK. I didn't realize that there were previous mystery steelbooks that were unmasked early. :thanks:

Reactions: Flloydo