HTC One X, Evo 4G LTE Clear Customs, Coming to America

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
MaximumPC
Just like Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall did in the late 1980s, HTC's One X and Evo 4G LTE smartphones are 'Coming to America', just not necessarily in search of a wife. The arrival of these two devices on U.S. shores was anything but a foregone conclusion, after facing a U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) ban and nearly month-long review process with U.S. Customs officials.
coming_to_america.jpg

That's now all in the past, HTC says.

"HTC devices have been released by U.S. Customs as they are in compliance with the ITC's ruling," HTC said in a statement on its website. " "Future shipments should continue to enter the U.S. and we confident that we will soon be able to meet the demand for our products."

The HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE were the first devices to be held up at U.S. Customs due to patent infringement claims made by Apple. According to a report in Wired, the patent in question deals with a method to automatically convert phone numbers and URLs in emails and text messages into live links that can open in other apps.

Reactions: ocielz
Now Sprint should hurry up and bring some 4G LTE into more Areas:) my Brother has Verizon and he gets 4G everywhere!!! not Sprint:(

Last edited by a moderator:
They better hurry up!!!! Like i said Verizon has 4G LTE in almost every area we go to...... i think its time to move to a new carrier:) also i have the Airwave Amplifier from Sprint due to Roaming/crap signal in my house. Got it for free and dont have to pay any extras:)

I won't move from Sprint because of there Unlimited Data Plan and then they're going to bring the iPhone 5 LTE to Sprint along with the UDP and it's going to be monumental. Can't wait. :oohyeah:

^^^ dude thats true:) Unlimited Everything kicks ass:) the prices suck. Hopefully Boost Mobile ends up getting 4G and then i might go with them since they have the same network as Sprint. I gave my old EVO 4G to my Mom and she had it Unlocked and went with Boost Mobile, she pays $45.00 and gets Unlimited Everything , the only downside is thats its only 3G...........for now:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333