I, Tonya (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.51) [Korea]

Which edition will you be ordering?

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: October 15, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B -1/4 Slip (Pre-order September 19 at 4P M Korea Time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $38.89 (Full Slip A or B) - $37.89 (1/4slip)
Note: Limited to 2050, full slip type A 950 pieces, full slip type B 850 pieces, 1/4 slip 250 pieces

IMG_20180918_220205.jpgIMG_20180918_220207.jpgIMG_20180918_220211.jpg
DnMNfVNU8AEubMc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Different countries, different rules - happens quite a bit actually - but with the HMV slip, still would like to see a clean image where those ratings logos are omitted.
True, that would very nice. Still, plain archive usually doesn't reuse slips that were used by other retailer. We will find out soon:)
I can only hope that the day will come and we will see some Mondo arts as full slips.

True, that would very nice. Still, plain archive usually doesn't reuse slips that were used by other retailer. We will find out soon:)
I can only hope that the day will come and we will see some Mondo arts as full slips.

It's so expensive to license Mondo that slips would probably never be worth it for a premium retailer. The only way to recoup your money in that case would to go for a steelbook edition.

I think the art cost alone would make a normal cheap(er) alternative such as a slip a no go unless it has studio backing.

It's so expensive to license Mondo that slips would probably never be worth it for a premium retailer. The only way to recoup your money in that case would to go for a steelbook edition.

I think the art cost alone would make a normal cheap(er) alternative such as a slip a no go unless it has studio backing.
Since Mondo already owns the rights I just hope Mondo itself will start to release movie premiums. They have dozens of great arts for some movies. I can only hope, that will probably never happen.

Since Mondo already owns the rights I just hope Mondo itself will start to release movie premiums. They have dozens of great arts for some movies. I can only hope, that will probably never happen.

True, they have the rights for the artwork, but not the film itself. As it's happened in the past, a third party approached Mondo, a retailer, and a studio. Then they all worked together to release a premium product for the retailer to sell.

Mondo is ramping up production but as you can see they have moved into toys and other properties (merchandise) that are easier to license and distribute than the films themselves.

I don't think Mondo wants to be a studio, and they would have to bring something new to the table - IE - have their own film group that would get the rights and time to remaster or add new content to the film...

On any of the big titles, the studio would just release it themselves and cut out the middle man.

True, they have the rights for the artwork, but not the film itself. As it's happened in the past, a third party approached Mondo, a retailer, and a studio. Then they all worked together to release a premium product for the retailer to sell.

Mondo is ramping up production but as you can see they have moved into toys and other properties (merchandise) that are easier to license and distribute than the films themselves.

I don't think Mondo wants to be a studio, and they would have to bring something new to the table - IE - have their own film group that would get the rights and time to remaster or add new content to the film...

On any of the big titles, the studio would just release it themselves and cut out the middle man.
Yeah, i agree with you.

So I guess that late August release aint happening :(

:( I was really looking forward to the BS reveal last week / this week with the GB following suit and then to be released late next week but with every day that passes this looks less and less likely and me just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

The 90th Academy Award Winner (Allison Janni, Best Actress) Ai Tonya (2017, Craig Gillespie) Blu-ray Steel Book Limited Edition will be released for the first time in the world. September 19, 4 pm Preorder, 2000 pieces of limited edition! Full-slip A & B type, 3 kinds to quarter slip release. We collaborated with SM Life Design Group.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and willbar84