Independence Day: 20th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 30, 2016
Purchase link: Independence Day: 20th Anniversary Edition
Price: £15.99
Notes: 2 Disc Edition

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for video - very helpful.

SB looks just fine to me . . . though a de-bossed "ID4" for example would have been a nice touch.

Not sure about artwork continuing from the main image on to the spine and opening edge . . .

No complaint from me regarding the finish used as most appropriate one (IMO) to preserve all the fine detail in the image which would have been "lost" with a gloss finish.

Reactions: thewoe
Looks like this wont be here until tuesday as it hasnt shipped today :(

Ah well... I got a apparent rubbish season finale of Arrow to watch this weekend xD

Audio is English, German, Spanish, Two French Tracks, Portuguese, subtitles in all languages including a few that are not on the audio tracks. Disc 1 contains 2 versions of the film, it's all region and the picture quality is a quantum leap on previous versions. It's obvious it's been remastered. Disc two is new bonus material.
Is there a chance that will have polish subs?

Looks like this wont be here until tuesday as it hasnt shipped today :(

Ah well... I got a apparent rubbish season finale of Arrow to watch this weekend xD

Have you been charged yet ? My card was charged an hour ago but no dispatch email has been received :/

Have you been charged yet ? My card was charged an hour ago but no dispatch email has been received :/

I use my Credit card for preorders as there is always money there so i dont get any problems but it never says until after ive recieved it. Status still says 'Awaiting stock pick'

Debit Cards show pending transaction
When you see this it's usually the following day your order is despatched sometimes it's 2 days after

Zavvi request the funds as a pending transaction and then the bank release the funds when Zavvi confirm the transaction to be completed
This takes 1-2 days usually with most completed in 1 day

You don't see pending transactions with a credit card you only see the transaction in your account when funds are released

Mine turned up today and seeing as I haven't seen it years decided to watch it (yes I open my steelbooks, don't worry I have protective sleeves for them) I've found that the disc takes forever to load and the movie constantly freezes. I got about 40mins in to see if the issue got worse which it does. Could someone let me know if they are having the same issue just to eliminate that problem is only with my disc and if it only with my disc then I can seek a replacement. Zavvi will have to compensate me first though:D

I had the same problem loading but then fox discs always do that. They are as bad as Criterion. My first Criterion region B disc was so long loading I could have had a 3 course meal but then it's nice to know now it's a general Criterion issue and not my players. Any of my Fox discs take ages to load. I watched the 1st hour of Independence Day (the extended cut) and had no freezing issues. My two players are Panasonic. If that helps.

Mine turned up today and seeing as I haven't seen it years decided to watch it (yes I open my steelbooks, don't worry I have protective sleeves for them) I've found that the disc takes forever to load and the movie constantly freezes. I got about 40mins in to see if the issue got worse which it does. Could someone let me know if they are having the same issue just to eliminate that problem is only with my disc and if it only with my disc then I can seek a replacement. Zavvi will have to compensate me first though:D
Mine seems to play ok (also on a Panny BD player). BTW, I must say that the PQ is head and shoulders above that on the previous blu-ray release - definitely worth the upgrade.

That can sometimes be caused with BD LIve issues with some Blu-ray players
Disabling BD LIve function or removing the memory card can solve the loading issues
Try that first and also check to see if your player has a firmware update

Thanks to all those who replied, so it looks like it's just my disc. I'll try it in another blu ray player but should have mentioned that I use either my PS3 or PS4 for watching blu rays as I've never had any issues with them before and I tend to play games as well. Perfect set up for me really, Big thanks to Doctor, paulboland and Lollard2002 for getting back to me.