Independence Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #36) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: July 18,2016
Purchase link: Filmarena
Prices: 899 CZK - 1898 CZK (Steelbook with Alien Attacker Ship)
Notes: Limited to 1001 copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)

received_1357065380976679.jpeg ID4.jpg
film_22578_3.jpg

film_22578_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still interested, but 899 CZK for a 20-year old movie, remastered in 4K or not, is way too much. o_O

Only previous FAC editions at that price point are: Terminator 5 (new film with 3D disc and bonus disc), The Martian (new film with 3D disc) and Everest (new film with 3D disc), only those three have been at that price before- and it's only justifiable for T5 because of 3 discs, and perhaps The Martian for the (accidental) 1000-print run.

Edward Scissorhands -another Fox steelbook w/ a remastered edition of an old movie- was 699 CZK, and I already thought it should have been a bit lower- Terminator 3 and Looper were 599 CZK!

FilmArena have inflated their prices again.

Even Black Mass, as a new film with only a single (2D) BD disc, should have been 699 CZK like Chappie or Ex_Machina (instead of 799 CZK like MI5 or Jurassic World).

They're pushing it because they know we'll buy it. :bag: :ugh:

Last edited:
I'm still interested, but 899 CZK for a 20-year old movie, remastered in 4K or not, is way too much. o_O

Only previous FAC edition at that price point are: Terminator 5 (new film with 3D disc and bonus disc), The Martian (new film with 3D disc) and Everest (new film with 3D disc) have been at that price before- and it's only justifiable for T5 because of 3 discs, and perhaps The Martian for the 1000 (accidental) print run.

Edward Scissorhands -another Fox steelbook w/ a remastered edition of an old movie- was 699 CZK, and I already thought it should have been a bit lower- Terminator 3 and Looper were 599 CZK!

FilmArena have heavily inflated their prices. They're pushing it because they know we'll buy it. :bag: :ugh:

The inflation is hitting collectors and resellers hard. So many of them selling at a loss except for a few. Film Arena must keep a tab on the pricing. 27 GBP before shipping is way too high for a 20 year catalog title.

Well the Taiwan version is $31 US and that's without a Fullslip plus whatever other FAC Extras we get. Seems like FA is pricing it well compared to them :D

Well the Taiwan version is $31 US and that's without a Fullslip plus whatever other FAC Extras we get. Seems like FA is pricing it well compared to them :D
Those Asian ones were always ridiculously priced! Just look at Japanese Steelbooks.

Asian prices were always well over inflated for regular Steelbooks since the day I started collecting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi

Only previous FAC editions at that price point are: Terminator 5 (new film with 3D disc and bonus disc), The Martian (new film with 3D disc) and Everest (new film with 3D disc), only those three have been at that price before- and it's only justifiable for T5 because of 3 discs, and perhaps The Martian for the (accidental) 1000-print run.

FilmArena have inflated their prices again.

Even Black Mass, as a new film with only a single (2D) BD disc, should have been 699 CZK like Chappie or Ex_Machina (instead of 799 CZK like MI5 or Jurassic World).

They're pushing it because they know we'll buy it. :bag: :ugh:

Exactly what I was thinking, mentioned it before but I've noticed their prices are going up.

For this they need to stop flip flop lentis and makes proper lentis with clear depth

I definatley won't be jumping on the GB without seeing the beauty shot first

And I guess this is a matte steel? With it being fox. Big downer if so, would look great with gloss

Reactions: Bunk

I agree. It is twice the price of the Zavvi edition and comparable to exclusive releases from the 'premium' Asian retailers. I thought Film Arena had found a middle ground offering great value for money, I hope that isn't going to change.

Actually why is this more expensive than black mass like @Bunk said for a 20 year old movie regardless of 4K?

Black mass with all the fees was 912.00 and that's without postage so this better be extra special and gloss for the inflation in price otherwise it's a no from me