Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 5) [Hong Kong]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: January 20, 2017
Purchase link: Manta Lab - (Pre-order on December 21 2016 at 8 PM - HK time)
Price: $44.99 (limited to 2 copies per order)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Lenticular Slip (3D + Depth Lenticular, Full UV, Embossing) includes case sized booklet + 5 character cards + 4 photo cards + exclusive numbering sticker + exclusive release sticker + exclusive premium gift. Limited to 300 numbered copies.

IDR2-01_1024x1024.jpg

15403602_1229723117137794_6434463699358272062_o.jpg

ID4-R_Rendering_1024x1024.gif

More Manta Lab Global Releases
We are preparing for X-men: Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan and Independence Day:Resurgence Manta Lab Global release and more information will be updated soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I'm liking not having an announcement for gbs.

Might be my first Manta skip as I'm a fullslip only guy. And tbh not interested in owning ID2 so this made my decision easier.

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv
I remember back in the old days a steelbook release would drive us nuts as we knew there was 1 edition, 1 artwork exclusive to that release, from 1 country. Owning a steelbook was precious and collectible. It made this hobby special when you owned a steel which was rare. Blufans was the only exclusive that created premium steelbooks.

Fast forward a few years retailers and studios caught up on this and all the countries started to release their own versions most all being WWA. Then nearly every movie to this date has a steelbook release. Many movies which should never even be released as a collectible steelbook. So fine, everyone accecpted that, we can't own every release as our wallet will dry up and we need to eat, so pick and choose the steels or movies you enjoy most :thumbs:.

Moving on.These premium slips have entered the market with goodies and stuff to distinguish a standard World Wide release between a Premium release. Blufans ruled but rivaled with Kimchi and HDZeta. Now Plain Archive, Novamedia, Filmarea, Black Barons, Mantalab have all made an impression in the market with all these silver labels, gold labels, global releases, whatever I cannot even keep up.

The problem we are facing is that soon all steelbooks will just have premium releases. There be nothing special at all. Another slip, another piece of 'cardboard' wrapped around the same steel. Filmarena are releasing too many steels and too fast. They need to slow down or they be labelled as another retailer that has no creative thought, just another movie with a special packaging, did I say 'special packaging' more like another piece of cardboard, nothing special. Too many WWA from different retailers, NOT enough WEA exclusives.

I don't know about you but I am beginning to lose interest...:dunno::cautious: Is it my wallet? or I am just sick of seeing the same shite every year :LOL: This time next year there will be another retailer that be joining us, and more and more. Then there will be a class of standard release, premium release, the VIP releases catered for the millionaires who have 24k gold teeth :woot:

I am so pleased i'm not the only one feeling this way.

Too many releases of the same title over and over then some reissue variants on a theme.
Frankly, I got more joy out of receiving my BFI 3 disc copy of Napoleon last week than any stelbook this year, ditto the Woody Allen 6 Films box set.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I am so pleased i'm not the only one feeling this way.

Too many releases of the same title over and over then some reissue variants on a theme.
Frankly, I got more joy out of receiving my BFI 3 disc copy of Napoleon last week than any stelbook this year, ditto the Woody Allen 6 Films box set.
Hence, everyone should vote/give feedback/speak with their wallets. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
15380396_1229720103804762_4210515754186071249_n.jpg

Hello everyone. We are slightly late for this release and very limited copies will be available but we are happy to announce the pre-order information for our edition of IDR. As usual, we have awesome 3D + Depth Lenticular used for this slip.

Thank you for all the support throughout this year and we will finish this season with Legend of Tarzan pre-order information and ME#4 announcement. Thank you!!

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, December 21th, 2016 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: January 20th, 2017
3. Print Run (300 units for both Domestic and International)
Lenticular Slip ($44.99): Numbered 1 to 300 (Limited to 2 Copies)
4. Goodies
- Case sized Booklet, Character Cards(5ea), Photo Card(4ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Premium Gift(Key Ring, Loose)
5. Effects
- Lenticular Slip: 3D + Depth Lenticular, Full UV, Embossing,

Please check our website for more information on our website - www.mantalab.com

Thank you!

Best regards,
Manta Lab

15403602_1229723117137794_6434463699358272062_o.jpg

Reactions: Hooltra
Got this movie in a 2x1 sale (12.25€ each) in 4K and still think didn't get my money worth. Awful movie. Can't bring myself to get this one as a premium edition. Not by a long shot :p

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap