Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June 14, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Target
Price: $24.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

81We4N6HxWL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did that come from all of a sudden...
It looks exactly like the Zavvi BD steel, only shrunk to accommodate some black frame.

IndianaJones1ZavviSteelbookBDUKV1.jpg

Title is original though, so that's a plus, but I'm OK at this point with uniformity of them all.

NewArrivals6801.jpg

NewArrivals6808.jpg

As I got the 4K discs already and have the nice previous BD steelbooks, I can save some money and not buy these.

There's a chance they'll do the following two with original drawn posters, which will be better, than Zavvi, then I'll have to get them all...

Last edited:
No Indiana Jones on there.....

Interesting.

Not much of an improvement over the original Zavvi really. But I wonder if they'll do the whole series...?

So the inside picture is the same, as Zavvi's, only the back is different, kinda copies previous white UHD steel's item icon, the ark in this case, adding the world map. One can guess what will be on the other steelbooks, if they're made.
At this point I'm thinking of rather buying the white steelbooks for their excellent inner art collages, and displaying them opened up!

I find it funny the 4K Steelbook Boxset is actually now cheaper then the standard 4K Boxset.
Crazy!

Search HDN for Steelbook listings

All list Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

That is also what Target has listed

The film has been known as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark for a good few years now since the other films was released
The disc will also have that title as in same as the existing 4K UHD disc release and the previous Blu-ray/DVD releases
What is the title on the screen when you watch the film?
THAT is the title. There was never a movie called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

What is the title on the screen when you watch the film?
THAT is the title. There was never a movie called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Look at the disc as in any dvd or Blu-ray or uhd you been using since 2003 to watch the film
What title does it say on the disc itself and artwork packaging itself

All home media releases since dvd release has as the title Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Why do you think Amazon/Target/Best Buy websites have listed as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

The first dvd release was in 2003 if you not aware

George Lucas officially renamed the film title to
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark to match the title of the other films

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark title was used from 1999 for VHS release also

This was done to match the follow up films as in the title of each of those films has Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom
Indiana Jones and the last crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull