Innerspace (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
Release date: June 5, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi - (Pre-order April 22 from 6 PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11419915-4504472422735152.jpg

11419915-1154465126048524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really like high quality finish, no bare metal, sharp image, very nice indeed, Im gonna grab this for sure.

Btw can somebody check the subtitles on disc? Is it only English SDH or more? Thanks

Subs are English SDH, Brazilian, Portugeuse, Castillian Spanish, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, French, Korean, Latin Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish and Thai :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
So glad I got this, especially since on the front Dennis Quaid looks like Tom Cruise, Meg Ryan like a female Joker and Martin Short like Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner.:thumbs:

Got mine, wow what a great steel, perfect. Fantastic classic artwork, beautiful finish (not Matt, not gloss but a silk Matt) thick vibrant paint job, stunning.

Steelbook companies take note, this is everything a steelbook should be.

I really hope this company release other eighties classics in this style (Waxwork, Masters of the Universe, Garbage Pail Kids, Elvira, Troll, Critters, Nightmare on Elm streets, Outrageous fortune, Ruthless People, Mannequin, Jumpin Jack Flash, for example) if they were as beautiful as Innerspace they'd be instant buys for many of us im sure.

Got mine, wow what a great steel, perfect. Fantastic classic artwork, beautiful finish (not Matt, not gloss but a silk Matt) thick vibrant paint job, stunning.

Steelbook companies take note, this is everything a steelbook should be.

I really hope this company release other eighties classics in this style (Waxwork, Masters of the Universe, Garbage Pail Kids, Elvira, Troll, Critters, Nightmare on Elm streets, Outrageous fortune, Ruthless People, Mannequin, Jumpin Jack Flash, for example) if they were as beautiful as Innerspace they'd be instant buys for many of us im sure.
With you 100% on those 80s classics! Although the ginish is good on this, I still wish it was glossed and bossed! Would be even more epic then!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Looks pretty good to me and the nuanced finish on the back depending on the light source is a nice touch :thumbs:

Maybe a couple of minor niggles:
1) the amount of text on the back, covering some of the artwork, and to a lesser extent on the front where just the interesting title treatment would suffice.
All print on the J-card would have made the steel look cleaner as it's busy enough already with the artwork:-
upload_2017-6-14_12-44-23.png
upload_2017-6-14_12-45-33.png

2) Plain blue disc with no artwork.
upload_2017-6-14_13-11-59.png

That being said they've used two of the better original posters for the steelbook covers which should please many . . .
picture.php
innerspace_ver2.jpg
picture.php

. . . more at least than if they'd gone with a couple of these:-
innerspace_ver3.jpg
innerspace_ver5.jpg
innerspace_ver4.jpg

Looks to me like a Zero finish with spot glossed title and metallic reflections to the artwork within the circle on the back.
Pics courtesy Chewie86
attachment.php
attachment.php

For anyone wondering about the "12" and "PG" certifications on the disc - the film is certified "PG" and the Audio Commentary and Additional Material are certified "12".

Finally, for a review of the PQ / AQ and the steelbook there's this:-
https://www.avforums.com/review/innerspace-steelbook-blu-ray-review.13657

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone
I hate steelbooks like this.............but for all the right reasons. These are the ones with movies i would never usually buy, but because the steelie is so damn nice, i have to go for it. I bought this and the navigator steelie last week, must say both are really nice. I was expecting this one to be great - and it is! But was very surprised how sweet the navigator steelie is in hand, very surprised! So many fims i've bought because the steelbook swung my final decision - the power of packaging! Have seen both these films years ago and enjoyed them alot, so buying them isn't much of a gripe, anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart