snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 26th, 2014
Purchase link: Inside Llewyn Davis
Price: £22.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

attachment.php

10915395-1392727177-373574.jpg

10915395-1392727177-373541.jpg

Attachments

• 10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 395
Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen or heard anything about this.

There was Oscar buzz for this film but it seems to have completely missed any serious nominations. They were raving about it on Film 2014 in the UK the other night. Consensus seems to be If you've ever liked any Coen brothers films you'll probably like it

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Pass as it will certainly be silver. Saving money in every way possible with the lack of finish, black and white inside art, and removal of color from the poster image.

What are you talking about? They haven't removed any colour from the poster image

picture.php

Incidentally, spot the influence...

picture.php

There was Oscar buzz for this film but it seems to have completely missed any serious nominations. They were raving about it on Film 2014 in the UK the other night. Consensus seems to be If you've ever liked any Coen brothers films you'll probably like it

Just seen this at the cinema and found it quite boring and slow IMO, unlike other Coen films which I have enjoyed, so have no interest in this steel.

I think the french one will be different from this one because of the Palme d'or win which might be on the front cover for the french audience.

Uh, do you know something I don't? Because I'm just pointing out the trend.

Pointing out a trend is one thing, stating things as fact when you don't know for sure is another.

I hope your right snoo but I'm with lolwut on this one, if you go by "The Place Beyond the Pines" mockup also by StudioCanal I'd say this is will be silver. :(

comparison_zpsaaa7ba43.jpg

I never disagreed with lolwut, I was simply stating that things don't always turn out as you expect.

Pointing out a trend is one thing, stating things as fact when you don't know for sure is another.

I never disagreed with lolwut, I was simply stating that things don't always turn out as you expect.

All of that passive-aggressiveness because I used the word "certainly" and not "in my opinion". Fine, it will ALMOST certainly be bare silver, based on evidence from past steelbooks from Studiocanal. You have less reason to believe it won't be.

All of that passive-aggressiveness because I used the word "certainly" and not "in my opinion". Fine, it will ALMOST certainly be bare silver, based on evidence from past steelbooks from Studiocanal. You have less reason to believe it won't be.

I think you have misjudged my posts. I was not being aggressive at all and I never said that it won't be as you describe. My point is that every thread is full of negativity. Things can change very quickly when it comes to Steelbooks. A few days ago most (myself included) thought there wouldn't be another Disney Steelbook in North America. If that doesn't give collectors hope that any issue can be resolved, I don't know what will. Yes StudioCanal don't have a great history, but it could all change starting with a single title.