Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly it blows my mind why people love it. On paper it’s a great sci fi and the science behind it is cool. But it’s flawed to sh!t. The worst part is cooper finding a signal and going to Nasa and then all of a sudden he’s the man for the job LOL. They’ve been planning this for years and all of a sudden the pilot you’ve not seen in decades randomly turns up and bam he’s the man. Lol. So bad
After reading this thread I come with my flame suit on lol. Interstellar is my all time favorite film, so I’d love to keep this conversation going….

In the way you described it, I admit it does sound a little dumb lol.
I’ve watched Neil deGrasse and critics talk about where interstellar fails the science and everything but I feel like Nolan did a pretty good job of not stretching it too much. I mean, wouldn’t it be hard to create a film about space, maintain all the science and not be boring? I mean it is just a movie! I know my Nolan bias has clearly impacted my judgment but still haha

To your point about the signal lol.
Yea if NASA was operating secretly on an earth saving expedition to save all of humanity, and McConaughey was in fact, the only/perfect man for the job, then yea Nolan maybe could have presented it differently. Like if nasa had said/implied something like, “we were going to contact you anyway once we were ready for launch”, it might have made for a better transition.

But in defense of the movie, remember nasa was operating in secret because the public would not support the funding of interstellar travel if life on earth was soon to be destitute. And he only ‘stumbled across’ nasa as the result of the messages he sent to himself, back in time, through the 5th dimensional tesseract, using gravity. Lol now THIS is where I could understand people being like wtf. I don’t get too caught up in the science though. IMO you could watch this film, ignore all the science and still love it. Nolan does great work and didn’t miss on this one.

Anyway, this OC will be had, it’s a beaut! Gonna look real nice sittin next to my UHD club oc. My body is ready!!

After reading this thread I come with my flame suit on lol. Interstellar is my all time favorite film, so I’d love to keep this conversation going….

I’ve watched Neil deGrasse and critics talk about where interstellar fails the science and everything but I feel like Nolan did a pretty good job of not stretching it too much. I mean, wouldn’t it be hard to create a film about space, maintain all the science and not be boring? I mean it is just a movie! I know my Nolan bias has clearly impacted my judgment but still haha

Yea if NASA was operating secretly on an earth saving expedition to save all of humanity, and McConaughey was in fact, the only/perfect man for the job, then yea Nolan maybe could have presented it differently. Like if nasa had said/implied something like, “we were going to contact you anyway once we were ready for launch”, it might have made for a better transition.

But in defense of the movie, remember nasa was operating in secret because the public would not support the funding of interstellar travel if life on earth was soon to be destitute. And he only ‘stumbled across’ nasa as the result of the messages he sent to himself, back in time, through the 5th dimensional tesseract, using gravity. Lol now THIS is where I could understand people being like wtf. I don’t get too caught up in the science though. IMO you could watch this film, ignore all the science and still love it. Nolan does great work and didn’t miss on this one.

Anyway, this OC will be had, it’s a beaut! Gonna look real nice sittin next to my UHD club oc. My body is ready!!

Now this is great response to what I said. And you like the film and haven’t argued or been biased back. I like your response . And yeah I kinda agree. This is a pro active debate and critique

I actually like the science behind it even if I don’t fully understand it. And I always thought it was a ballsy sci fi with a ballsy sci fi ending

the Matt Damon segment is chefs kiss

Personally I thought Interstellar is a family movie, but with sci fi clothing. If you have children, you will be more touched by some scenes, especially by Hans Zimmer's music.
Speaking of Manta's release, we all know Nolan's films dont have many artworks, look at Tenet, Dunkirk, not to mention there are other releases already like HDZETA amd we all have seen these artworks.
As one of my favorate Nolan films, I will one click for sure.

For everyone saying this is "meh" and the art is recycled 40 OC'still got purchased in about 5 hours so it can't look to bad. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not grabbing a OC, if they come back In Stock I probably will grab one.
I agree the HDzeta Boxset will be tough to top but for people that don't own one one this looks reasonable I'm not sure what the HDzeta Boxset is going for these days but I'm guessing quite a bit.
Many don't own one because that came out about 6-7 years ago and I want to say was limited to around 300,400 copies? If I didn't have a belly full of beer I'd go look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aniv and Nightmarez
For everyone saying this is "meh" and the art is recycled 40 OC'still got purchased in about 5 hours so it can't look to bad. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not grabbing a OC, if they come back In Stock I probably will grab one.
I agree the HDzeta Boxset will be tough to top but for people that don't own one one this looks reasonable I'm not sure what the HDzeta Boxset is going for these days but I'm guessing quite a bit.
Many don't own one because that came out about 6-7 years ago and I want to say was limited to around 300,400 copies? If I didn't have a belly full of beer I'd go look.
Thank you

Reactions: Jaxxx
But there’s still 8 boxes left? Why you think it’s out of Stock?

But there’s still 8 boxes left? Why you think it’s out of Stock
Because they were sold out an hour ago @Aniv must have restocked the Group Buy but now there sold out again I grabbed one despite not being happy with what ML did.
It makes me sad when ML ups the print run. I assume they see the amount of Group Buy Preorders doing so well and interest shown and then up the order. Manta did the same thing with the Drive release, ML changed the number of Boxsets from 500 to 600.
Now this has 600 not 500 Boxsets and 1K instead of 900 copies of each slip. Earlier today on the collectong website it said 500 Boxsets I still have that tab open. Now it's 600 Boxsets and 1K slips hours later. Should update the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightmarez
Because they were sold out an hour ago @Aniv must have restocked the Group Buy but now there sold out again I grabbed one despite not being happy with what ML did.
It makes me sad when ML ups the print run. I assume they see the amount of Group Buy Preorders doing so well and interest shown and then up the order. Manta did the same thing with the Drive release, ML changed the number of Boxsets from 500 to 600.
Now this has 600 not 500 Boxsets and 1K instead of 900 copies of each slip. Earlier today on the collectong website it said 500 Boxsets I still have that tab open. Now it's 600 Boxsets and 1K slips hours later. Should update the OP.
What is the matter about ml raising the amount of boxes or slips?

hdzeta hard to beat? wtf? manta lab just did a fatality. best interstellar release!!!
After 6 years…Manta Lab double lenti (HDZeta outside Steelbook artwork (front & back)),
Manta Lab single lenti (HDZeta inside Steelbook artwork (front) front full slip artwork (back))
Manta Lab full slip (WWA artwork (not the best artwork in my opinion as Cooper looks like Jason Segal from ‘how I met your mother’

Manta Lab booklet and cards (all the same for each edition (HDZeta different booklets, cards for each edition plus soundtrack and a TARS 3D metal card.

in my opinion HDZeta still the best OC… love this film and I do like Manta releases too but on this occasion I have just ordered the single and double lenti’s as I do not like the full slip

Unfortunately didn't get my first ever one click. I did manage to get my hands on the single lenticular because I've been obsessed with that artwork for the longest time but the HDzeta edition has always been so pricey. Tempted to go in again and get the double lenticular.

Reactions: R4FFO

Can confirm that was my exact response to what you typed :LOL::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Want3r88