Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite Nolan film by far, yet for some reason I never picked up any of the existing premium editions, so getting one of these is a no-brainer! Think we all know by now how strict WB are when it comes to artwork, so I reckon Manta did pretty well considering how limited they probably were... I genuinely think their steel is the nicest one on the market now, but then I'm a sucker for wraparounds! That said, the art for the FS is too similar, and whilst the front art on the SL is my favourite poster for the movie, I don't like that the back art is the total opposite in every way (colour, location/scenery etc) and therefore doesn't work very well IMO. So, I guess I'll be going for the DL!
For the SL, I actually like it thematically—the back is on Earth, dreaming of the stars; the front is traveling to the stars; the steelbook is setting foot on another planet "out there." As a total package, it kind of hits the main parts of the movie, including the father/daughter aspect, which is key to the story and often doesn't show up in the premium edition artwork. I think the lenti will be great and the back will have excellent spot-gloss/embossing.

If Manta is doing the full Nolan range, then I guess I need to find a copy of the Dunkirk SL...

Variety of reasons for a "sellout".

Some of the reasons don't have anything to do with "liking" it.

As your post illustrated you didn't consider the 1click until it sold out.

People can get pushed to buy something just because loads of other people are buying it. Sort of FOMO.

Other people are buying it to make a quick buck on eBay by providing some scalper competition to a certain person :naughty:

Personally I find this movie overrated shite and not interested in any of the editions.
When did I say I didn't consider purchasing an OC until the Group Buy Sold Out?
I was planning on getting an OC direct from ML. However after 40 people bought the OC so fast in the GB I decided that it was then worth securing one in the GB instead of going direct if Aniv restocked the GB which he did shortly after I made a post.
You said,"Other people are buying it to make a quick buck on eBay by providing some scalper competition to a certain person?" I didn't understand what you were trying to say especially, "some scalper competition"?

When did I say I didn't consider purchasing an OC until the Group Buy Sold Out?
I was planning on getting an OC direct from ML. However after 40 people bought the OC so fast in the GB I decided that it was then worth securing one in the GB instead of going direct if Aniv restocked the GB which he did shortly after I made a post.
You said,"Other people are buying it to make a quick buck on eBay by providing some scalper competition to a certain person?" I didn't understand what you were trying to say especially, "some scalper competition"?
When theres more than 1 scalper selling the same item then there's competition. Whats difficult to understand about that?

When theres more than 1 scalper selling the same item then there's competition. Whats difficult to understand about that?
Almost every premium release has "scalpers" purchasing multiple copies to sell and make a profit in the aftermarket. I think your saying there in competition with each other for multiple copies of this release. If I'm wrong it's not important at this point.
Texting and posting in threads it is unavoidable to not have misunderstandings occasionally.
Let's just leave it at that. I have no desire to bicker about who meant what. Hopefully your okay with that and were straight?

For everyone saying this is "meh" and the art is recycled 40 OC'still got purchased in about 5 hours so it can't look to bad. I'm wondering if I made a mistake not grabbing a OC, if they come back In Stock I probably will grab one.
I agree the HDzeta Boxset will be tough to top but for people that don't own one one this looks reasonable I'm not sure what the HDzeta Boxset is going for these days but I'm guessing quite a bit.
Many don't own one because that came out about 6-7 years ago and I want to say was limited to around 300,400 copies? If I didn't have a belly full of beer I'd go look.

Hi
@Aniv are you going to add more to the single lenti GB.
Thanks

few OC's (less than 10) will be added at 11 AM CST today (06/20/21);

All Single Editions will be restocked in random.

It’s funny to see how lots of HdZeta’s editions are showing up on ebay now:) unfortunately for those sellers I think the price of those will start plummeting soon.

If I had to pick one, it would be the SL. For artwork variation.

The finish on the full slip is going to be amazing (I'm guessing matte top half with glossy holofoil water...?) but it's just too much Waterworld for me! Back of the slip is disappointing also.

If I had to pick one, it would be the SL. For artwork variation.

The finish on the full slip is going to be amazing (I'm guessing matte top half with glossy holofoil water...?) but it's just too much Waterworld for me! Back of the slip is disappointing also.

pretty much my thoughts too. I think the SL is my favourite and I think I’ll go for that one

Reactions: BluSteel2012
SL is the best option if you don't own HDZ's lenti.

Hope MantaLab release The Prestige next. The only premium available is from UHD club, it's super rare now and it's not a steelbook.

For the SL, I actually like it thematically—the back is on Earth, dreaming of the stars; the front is traveling to the stars; the steelbook is setting foot on another planet "out there." As a total package, it kind of hits the main parts of the movie, including the father/daughter aspect, which is key to the story and often doesn't show up in the premium edition artwork. I think the lenti will be great and the back will have excellent spot-gloss/embossing.

If Manta is doing the full Nolan range, then I guess I need to find a copy of the Dunkirk SL...
Fine, you've convinced me... I'm preferring the SL now. :p

• Friendly
Reactions: ethnosax