Ireland
Release date: August 7, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (sold out)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

DDAEE7XXgAAarsl.jpg

11493919-2734494637672530.jpg 11493919-8154494637826811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another recent steelbook delivery from Zavvi that arrived in a crappy card mailer... still, it's only the same as what other retailers send theirs in I suppose. Hopefully it's not the end of their white boxes with the extra padding though!

Could be it depends on where you live?

I just received a steelbook from Zavvi in the white box with the padding in Canada on Friday.
Box and steelbook were in perfect condition. Perhaps the further they ship, the better the packaging?

Not going to win any beauty contests with all that print and front title used as 'artwork', that's for sure.
As for finish: Zero with metallic reflections to the light parts of the title and planet.
DHBslOpUMAAXErz.jpg:large

Other views:-
DHAJ3CqVwAAjdlT.jpg:large

DHAJ4Y-VoAAdKW-.jpg:large

Are those rating logos actually part of the steelbook cover?

Are those rating logos actually part of the steelbook cover?

BBFC stamps are stickers and are easily peeled off and have been like that for a while.

Sorry 'bout that, Should have posted this ------------------------------------------------------------------------ original poster ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- with a couple of of variants
upload_2017-8-13_5-6-44.png
upload_2017-8-13_5-7-49.png
upload_2017-8-13_5-14-12.png
upload_2017-8-13_5-10-42.png

Reactions: Stygian
BBFC stamps are stickers and are easily peeled off and have been like that for a while.

Sorry 'bout that, Should have posted this ------------------------------------------------------------------------ original poster ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- with a couple of of variants
View attachment 327540 View attachment 327541 View attachment 327543 View attachment 327542

Actually I learned something from your post. I always thought those logos only appeared on the J card.
Now I know that if I receive a steelbook, and it has those stickers on it, not to have a heart attack, because they can be peeled off. Because not knowing this I know what my first reaction would be...

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Actually I learned something from your post. I always thought those logos only appeared on the J card.
Now I know that if I receive a steelbook, and it has those stickers on it, not to have a heart attack, because they can be peeled off. Because not knowing this I know what my first reaction would be...

Yes, but remember that a fair few early U.K. steelbooks from 2008 until into 2012 had printed certifications directly on the metal. Very common printed on the spine near the bottom and far less common printed on the front.
Not forgetting that more than a few steelbooks of that period suffered from two other more serious ailments - fully printed backs (i.e. no back art) and blue banner headers on the front.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, exact same steelbook/different J-card available from Amazon.fr and Fnac for 11.69

Last edited:
Could be it depends on where you live?

I just received a steelbook from Zavvi in the white box with the padding in Canada on Friday.
Box and steelbook were in perfect condition. Perhaps the further they ship, the better the packaging?
There's no correlation with the destination country. The packaging simply depends on where they ship the item from.

Zavvi almost always ships steelbooks from Guernsey, and steelbooks will be in the usual white (or brown, when assembled inside out) cardboard boxes.

Sometimes they ship steelbooks from Schiedam, Netherlands, e.g., Interstellar, and then the steelbooks are shipped in A1 cardboard envelopes or slightly stronger (still very thin material) folded cardboard mailers.

If I remember correctly, they don't use the Zavvi boxes for steelbooks when shipping from their UK warehouse, either.

There's no correlation with the destination country. The packaging simply depends on where they ship the item from.

Zavvi almost always ships steelbooks from Guernsey, and steelbooks will be in the usual white (or brown, when assembled inside out) cardboard boxes.

Sometimes they ship steelbooks from Schiedam, Netherlands, e.g., Interstellar, and then the steelbooks are shipped in A1 cardboard envelopes or slightly stronger (still very thin material) folded cardboard mailers.

If I remember correctly, they don't use the Zavvi boxes for steelbooks when shipping from their UK warehouse, either.
That's correct the Zavvi white boxes are only used when shipped from warehouse based in Guernsey in Channel Islands

All other warehouses excluding warehouse in Guernsey it's lucky dip as to what packaging will be use can be bubble mailer or basic cardboard mailer or brilliant packaging in a decent box
Hut warehouse can be brilliant packaging sometimes but not always it's luck if sent in good packaging