Ireland
Release date: August 7, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (sold out)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

DDAEE7XXgAAarsl.jpg

11493919-2734494637672530.jpg 11493919-8154494637826811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another recent steelbook delivery from Zavvi that arrived in a crappy card mailer... still, it's only the same as what other retailers send theirs in I suppose. Hopefully it's not the end of their white boxes with the extra padding though!

Another recent steelbook delivery from Zavvi that arrived in a crappy card mailer... still, it's only the same as what other retailers send theirs in I suppose. Hopefully it's not the end of their white boxes with the extra padding though!

Really? My last steel was beauty and the beast and that was in a standard white box

Was it sent from the other location?

Really? My last steel was beauty and the beast and that was in a standard white box

Was it sent from the other location?
I never look at the address mate. Just realised I said it was a cardboard mailer in my previous post... it was actually one of those cardboard wraparound thingamabobs (I think Zoom use them too). My copy of Fury Road came in a card mailer though.

Reactions: Flloydo
I never look at the address mate. Just realised I said it was a cardboard mailer in my previous post... it was actually one of those cardboard wraparound thingamabobs (I think Zoom use them too). My copy of Fury Road came in a card mailer though.

Oh ok, only ask because people on here worked out the other packaging is when they are sent from the other location

Yeah I know the packaging you mean. HMV & Amazon sometimes use them. They ain't too bad tbh, to me they look safer than a standard zavvi white box but anything can happen in transit

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Oh ok, only ask because people on here worked out the other packaging is when they are sent from the other location

Yeah I know the packaging you mean. HMV & Amazon sometimes use them. They ain't too bad tbh, to me they look safer than a standard zavvi white box but anything can happen in transit
I just checked the packaging and the return address says The Hut in Warrington, so I guess that is the reason then. I can't complain too much anyway, as both steelbooks arrived with no major damage... Interstellar had a few splits in the cellophane with light scratches to the steel underneath, but I can live with that... plus it looks like that damage was done before being boxed up and sent out. :rolleyes:

• Helpful Post
How comes zavvi sent it in that box! Never known that to happen

I've had it happen a few times. I'm guessing they run out of the slips or smaller boxes and the picker uses the next size up until the others are replenished. Who knows.

I've had films turn up from Amazon in massive boxes before now. Cracks me up.

• Thanks
I've had it happen a few times. I'm guessing they run out of the slips or smaller boxes and the picker uses the next size up until the others are replenished. Who knows.

I've had films turn up from Amazon in massive boxes before now. Cracks me up.

Yeah I've had that with Amazon

Vinyl arrives in ridiculously sizes boxes from Amazon too. You'd think you've ordered a flat pack shelving unit from ikea

How comes zavvi sent it in that box! Never known that to happen
These was shipped from the hut warehouse not the zavvi warehouse

Hut warehouse use mix of type of packaging used some can be a box or cardboard mailer or jiffy bag
Sometimes packaging is brilliant but not always
Hut warehouse in England don't have the white boxes you normally get used with steelbooks they are only used when shipped from the Channel Island Guernsey warehouse

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust
Received today a real missed opportunity, it was screaming out to be glossy but it's jut as matte as the previous releases of the movie.

I have to say I am disappointed, not every steel needs to be glossy but black coloured steels always look stunning with a lick of gloss.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL