Ip Man Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 2, 2012
Release date: April 25th, 2016
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
HMV.com
Zavvi.com
Price: £22.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £24.99 (Zavvi)

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MRD and chunk
Thanks for photos - sure looks the part with its smart sepia photograph muted period look and matte varnish finish :thumbs:

Presumably the same finish on this Best Buy exclusive (exclusive only, if it's not an error in the listing, until the 17th May - only a month after its release !) as we'll be getting although that cannot be taken for granted as we've just seen with the latest "Star Wars" . . .

Should be remembered that regarding the Extras the U.K. edition is in a class apart and is choc-a-block with good stuff compared to other editions, with all the extras carried over from the Cine-Asia Amaray IP MAN 1 & 2 releases of a while ago - Extras reportedly exclusive to Cine-Asia - don't know about Extras on IP MAN 3 as don't own it.
Just check out the listed runtimes of the available steelbook trilogies:-
U.S. / Germany / Holland & Germany / Australia runtime = 321 / 314 / 308 mins.
U.K. runtime = 745 mins.

One thing puzzling me slightly about the BB pic (or is it that my eyes are playing tricks on me ?) is that the framing border appears to be lower than the central section - the central section appears to be raised instead of the other way around ???
If that's the case it'll be a first for a U.K. steelbook (I think) and consequently I don't see how the title can be embossed . . . de-bossed, maybe.

EDIT 21/4/16: At this time this is the "#1 Best Seller in Steelbook" on Amazon.

Last edited:
Just had mine dispatched. Be interesting to see how different this is to the US steel as I was very impressed with it.

Just arrived on my doorstep this morning. Pretty sure it's exactly the same as the US release. Release nice package and love the gold embossed title. It's matte but I don't mind that. Overall very happy with it and looking forward to watching IP Man 3.

What do you mean by "pretty sure"?

Mine came with a scratch under the title, bit annoyed, but thankfully it can only be seen at certain angles. Need to check if Ip Man 3 has DTS: X.