Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release Date: 4th of September, 2013
Format: 3D+2D
Notes: National release (Not Kimchidvd exclusive)
Total Print run is 3K
Slip color will be same as steelbook only (No Iron Man Mark 42 image on the slip)
Current MSRP: 43.99$ (Retail price)

Purchase Links:
KimchiDVD - 43.99$ OOS
K-steelbook - 39.99$, 42.99$ OOS
K2DVD (Order restriction 1 account per 1 steel) - 46.99$ OOS
Yes-Asia - 53.99$ OOS

518hTm-gGoL.jpg

[Important Note]
Front Reversed Edition from k2dvd, k-steelbook & yesasia [Type A]
Correct Front Edition only from Kimchidvd under official Disney support [Type B] less than 100 copies *Actual pic updated*

Actual pics:
Here is Actual shot for IM3 KR

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope they are exactly the same, just the Steelbook packed the opposite way around.

It kinda looked that way. Well, I'm for anything that will further enhance the collectibility of steelbooks, so hopefully this works out. It is always the smallest things that makes the biggest differences, so why not. But, having said that, I'm gonna place my fate and fortune with the Taiwan version. That looks like a real winner.

for those of you that have this steel, can i ask if the IM heart source in the middle is made for metal or plastic?

It looks nice from the pics but then so did the zavvi one until i got it in hand and found it was very cheap looking.

Got mine yesterday. Thanks Choi Chungkwon for helping to deliver a decent-looking slip. Nice colors, image, title, background. Glad it's got 3D+2D discs. A winner.

Reactions: Choi Chungkwon
That tear in the center is present on all the IM3 Korea steels. Maybe that's how they were shrink wrapped from the factory itself. Even mine has a tear in the center both front and back, part of manufacturing process I would say.

But till the time all the steelbooks have it and are created equal, I'm least bothered :movie:

Reactions: stephen3001
That tear in the center is present on all the IM3 Korea steels. Maybe that's how they were shrink wrapped from the factory itself. Even mine has a tear in the center both front and back, part of manufacturing process I would say.

But till the time all the steelbooks have it and are created equal, I'm least bothered :movie:

One of mine also had a small tear near the center. I see a lot of pictures that have been posted also have the same tear near the center

Received both my copies, i had asked for type A and B but received both type A.

Also a little bummed that both copies have a small tear in the center.

Same tear here.

Reactions: stephen3001
Same tear here.

all of mine has tear on the center as well,

there is two type of shrink warp in Korea

one has small hole on front and back (sometimes bigger :ohno:)

the other one has no small hole on front and back :LOL:

why the one has small hole on the front & back is ..

they want to reduce process step like no need to make very tiny small tear on the shrink wrap to get out of air in the shrink wrap.

that's why factory usually use this kind of shrink wrap a few years ago.

It can not be controlled by kimchi just done by Disney KR packing factory.

I already told kimchi to let factory know only use no hole with shrink wrap.

It was used 2 -3 years ago in the factory when they need to pack the steelbook.

I thought I had got unlucky with my shrink wrapping. I've got the tear/hole in my copy as well.

Nice to know I'm not alone and it's just a shrink wrapping quirk. :thumbs:

Last edited: