Purchase link: Iron Man (Sold-out)
Notes: Limited to 4000, Embossed

02.jpg

ironman_play.jpg 04.jpg
01.jpg 03.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger rabbit, finding nemo and aladdin all came out in April/ May/ June of 2013
Ok cool i thought i had collected steels long before then unless I got most from play.com before these if I was zavvi first steels. I may need to try an dig up old zavvi accounts see but emails are long gone.

If I remember right, play.com closed at the end of 2013, and it became Entertainment Store
Ok cool, god I thought it was long before that, I must have just been collect blu ray amaray prior as was definitely collecting since at least 2009, do you know if play had been doing steels years before zavvi or just as they closed?

I had so many accounts open back in the day but found one account looper might have been my first steelbook from zavvi, then roger rabbit etc I then stopped for a few years after that. I can't even remember what I got from play?
Does anyone know which exclusives play.com had? I know iron man #1 and #2 but was curious of what others.
Obviously there would have maybe been other steels that where not exclusive or maybe all steels they did back then was exclusive,if zavvi never did prior.
I had forgot these iron man editions was exclusive I'm sure play.com did predator? Obviously been heaps since.

The oldest play's steelbook here on HDN is the Terminator: salvation one, back in 2009
Ok so play did steels from 2009,I wonder what ones they did lol. I become a member here a few years after I started collecting which I actually never knew was out there, maybe I never looked hard enough or was not as easy to find. Or just these days it's just easier to find sites than used to be.But certainly glad I found this one when I did.

I'm really not big into all that Marvel stuff, but this is one of the few MCU steels I'd really like to own one day, too. Still looking for an affordable copy.

Reactions: harry
3rd is arc reactor cover. I think UK got a release for it as well. Not sure if play tho, maybe zavvi. too long ago to remember without looking up. ha

Zavvi released the third movie.

If I remember right, play.com closed at the end of 2013, and it became Entertainment Store
A company called Rakuten purchased play.com in 2011
Due to the change in the law covering tax for companies operating in Jersey Play.com changed to be marketplace seller website in 2013
The only reason you had steelbooks selling at £10 was the tax loophole they was using
When the law was changed that pretty much put an end to play.com selling their own releases and become a marketplace website business instead

Entertainment used play website marketplace website to sell their releases in 2013/2014

Play.com marketplace website was relaunched as Rakuten UK website with various business using website to sell new and back catalogue releases

Rakuten then changed how they operate again in 2016 to be just as a portal website to earn Superpoints for purchases from various online shops

Entertainment Store later then setup an ebay store

• Thanks
Reactions: bradipolpo
I have this, still brand-new sealed and in tip top 100 percent perfect condition.

This and ALL of my SB collection are in a queue to hit the 'bay'

I've been away from the Steelbook community for a few years....primarily due to the trials and tribulations of fatherhood, hence hobbies and interests have taken a back seat.

I'm not sure what the etiquette for selling etc is here any more...I've been gone probably 4-5 years.....but I know the community is strong so I'm sure someone will tell me :)

I've got a lot of old classic Steelies in my collection, all in perfect condition and MANY still sealed...but I don't really know what the market is like?

Attachments

• IMG_6364.JPEG
    IMG_6364.JPEG
    547.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_6365.JPEG
    IMG_6365.JPEG
    673.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Sold mine and replaced it with the Blu Fans one instead.

Easy decision as all my Marvels are Blu Fans. Apart from Iron Man 2 and 3 of course. Which I still have the UK copies for! :rolleyes: :spoil: